Customer payments not available for 21 days for an Advantage Member???

mrv
Contributor
Contributor

Out of the blue I got hit with a 21-day delay of all customer payments, despite for being on eBay since 1999 and having almost  a 1000 positive feedback. Being an Advantage member, I called PayPal customer service, but got nothing but runarounds. I wonder if this is how PayPal is treating their best customers now??? Am I good enough for them to take my money, but not good enough to get what's mine (and not even theirs)???? Is it even legal??? If the matter is not resolved within 10 days, I'm leaving this place for good... imagine a bank would decide to delay clearing your paycheck for 3 weeks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

BrightMint
Contributor
Contributor

Was it a large sum of money or an e-check? Regardless 21 days seems unusually long for a hold.

Login to Me Too

mrv
Contributor
Contributor

No, it was very little money (under $10). Hold on my account is still continuing. Actually, it's being done to thousands of other good sellers for no reason, from what I've read on eBay Community boards. Looks like eBay/PayPal are running out of money or maybe going out of business, and that's how they hope to stay afloat. Plus, I think it's illegal... I wonder how long they can get away with it before it would be enough complaints to regulators to shut them down?

Login to Me Too

Chrisahx3

Have you been a seller on ebay since 1999 as well?  I know that for new sellers and for ebay members who do not have at least 100 positive feedbacks, paypal does withhold your access to the funds for that transaction for at least 3 days past the confirmed "delivery confirmation" receipt. They should however release $ to cover the shipping of that item as long as you go thru them to ship it.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.