Always protect yourself when shipping and tips for receiving good feedback

PrincesM
Contributor
Contributor
I always get delivery confirmation on all my packages sent to buyers. If the items where over $100, I even get insurance at no extra cost to the buyer (to protect myself from financial loss in case the package gets lost). I think it is worthwhile for my own piece of mind as well as the buyer's. Also, if there is ever a dispute as to whether you sent the item or not you can provide proof and protect yourself against claims for non receipt. Another selling tip, I include a little surprise gift in all my packages. Sometimes maybe just cosmetic samples or little inexpensive jewelry. Once, my grocery store gave scratch off cards with any purchase. I saved them and sent one along in my packages. The customers always appreciate these little gifts as a special touch:)
Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

brandenc21

For any international shipment I use the USPS Shipping Assistant.  It always provides a tracking number at no cost.

Login to Me Too

a2hawk
Contributor
Contributor
What's that, where do I find it? Does it cover you for seller protection on eBay? Thanks
Login to Me Too

a2hawk
Contributor
Contributor
That's what I'm wondering about, proof of mailing or the scan form. Is that how you show proof of mailing? That would really cut down my shipping expenses. Are you covered by PayPal or eBay with that? Thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.