Ebay Policy vs Negative Feedback

BrightMint
Contributor
Contributor
Recently I sold and LCD screen on eBay: The buyer claims the screen is broken. (This was a part pull from a working laptop, but you never know could have been damaged in shipping or something else I don't really know.) I am more than willing to take back the item for any reason no questions asked. The policy clearly stated in the eBay auction is: "Returns:14 days money back, buyer pays return shipping" But, the buyer does not want to pay to ship it back and is threatening leaving negative feedback. I'm still talking to the buyer. Nothing has happened yet. But, I would like to know what would happen in this situation. What's the deal as far as negitive feedback when it comes to things like this?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

LookAtMe
Contributor
Contributor

call customer service right now!

If your buyer wrote this (threat to leave neg) in an e-mail within eBay's message system customer service can open the email(s) and see that you are co-operating while the buyer is being unrealistic.

Ebay clear states the buyer must pay return shipping, though I've heard that eBay might pay this for the buyer. On the otherhand... if I sent the wrong item then I'll cover shipping. This has only happened when I mixed up shipping labels with two buyers.

good luck!

Login to Me Too

BrightMint
Contributor
Contributor

Thankfully I was able to troubleshoot this issue with the buyer and got the screen working. So, all good.

Though, I still wonder the official policy for this type of thing. Is there some route to reverse negative feedback? Should all communication should go through the eBay messaging system only? What is the best way to deal this stuff?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.