Why is my account blocked

Pk217
Contributor
Contributor
You can no longer use PayPal At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We've noticed activity in your account that's inconsistent with our User Agreement and therefore can no longer offer you PayPal services. Bank account and card information linked to your PayPal account can't be removed or used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can't send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we'll email instructions on how to transfer your money.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pk217 

Most common reasons for an account limitation are:-

1. You have a previously limited account (temporary or permanent) and you have tried to open a new account and not resolved the issues with the other account first.
2. Using a VPN.
3. Not living in the country where you opened your Paypal account.
4. Being under 18 / minor account.
5. Having 2 Paypal accounts or more of the same account type.
6. Not having your legal name on your Paypal account.
7. Selling items (often virtual or digital) that Paypal consider a high risk of disputes/chargebacks OR items that violate their acceptable use policy.
8. Using the friends/family option for sales transactions to try and evade Paypal fees and risk of disputes.
9. Too many disputes/claims.
10. Violating their acceptable use policy as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/legalhub/acceptableuse-full?locale.x=en_US

Normally you can't appeal a permanent limitation however if its none of the above reasons then contact customer services?.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a private direct message via Social Media on Facebook, Twitter/X, or Instagram pages.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pk217
Contributor
Contributor

It is none of them. I tried to contact customer service but it keeps redirecting me to the automated messages, or the help centre. Even when I try to contact withing bussines hours no one is responding only the message bot

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pk217 

Well as I said you can rarely appeal a permanent ban which is why you probably don't have the option to contact them. You are no longer a customer of theirs unfortunately. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.