cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting an email saying I have a shopping notification for Simons?

Options
justjamiegee
New Community Member
Posted on

I have never shopped at Simons but I have received a first and a follow up email saying this. When I click on it it just takes me to the main PayPal page and I cannot find any notification.

8 REPLIES 8

Options
bronbagby
New Community Member

I've been getting the same email, 2 or 3 times now. I'm struggling to find out what it is and it's getting frustrating.

Options
queenrachee
New Community Member
Me too. I have not shopped at Simons in months and there are no charges listed when I log in.

Options
johnp784
Contributor

This is still happening as of January 9th 2022.  I have never shopped at Simons and there is seemingly no way to make those notifications stop.  When I click on the blue button in the Paypal email, it just brings me to the dashboard with no further information or anything! ARE PAYPAL SERVERS HACKED?

Options
johnp784
Contributor

It happened AGAIN this morning, this is pure spam?!

Options
chuck331
New Community Member

I got an email said I have a shopping notification for Harry Rosen on January 15, but I have not purchased anything there for years.

Options
jesser85
Contributor

it's a coupon for a discount at simons

Options
CepheitheStar
New Community Member

I got the same thing for Harry Rosen, and now for Poshmark.

This is not fraud or a security problem from what I can tell. It appears to be a reeeeally disgusting advertisement campaign by Paypal itself for a coupon to these stores and to get people to check their paypal accounts by making it look like it might be fraud or a security risk.

When I first saw it, I thought someone had charged money to my account at these websites, but nope. Just a coupon, presented in a really scary format by paypal.

Options
Roungchen
Contributor
same here, they added new feature that notify you if there discount offer from their partner/vendor. by default, you are being opt in. This is different from Marketing

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.