Unauthorised Automatic Payment from an unknown company

Alibags
Contributor
Contributor

I have been charged £0.99 and £69.99 from an automatic payment I didn’t even know about. It’s from a company called Mobapps and when I looked at the apps available I have definitely not downloaded any of them. I’m also very careful about cancelling trial offers etc. I opened a dispute with PayPal but they answered very quickly that this is not an unauthorised payment. I have cancelled the automatic payment and I have emailed the company Mobapps Ltd asking for this money back but have not received a reply. What else can I do? This is a lot of money for no apparent product or service!

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

Tsvete
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. You was also charged by vpn mobapps or no? If yes - did you made payment 0.99$ to fashion guru for fashion guide? That was my case and the people behind vpn mobapps. Or find to who you pay something in you emails and that’s how you will catch the real one you need to send emails.
Login to Me Too

hippy_ade
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it was also Fashion Guru for us

After emailing them, they responded quite quickly and we did get our money back

Login to Me Too

iplesc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! Did you write to fashion guru directly? I had 2 payments, that I just overlooked. Do you think there's chance I get the money back from them, even if it's already 2 months back in time. Thank you in advance!

Login to Me Too

Colooooo123
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, fashionguru don’t reply to me at all until now and I have emailed them 3 times, but just email them as a proof for when you put a dispute on paypal.
Login to Me Too

Tsvete
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, on their customer support email. You can find it somewhere in contacts. [Removed]

Login to Me Too

iplesc
Contributor
Contributor

It worked! I had 2 payments, one of almost 70€, the other one of 85€. I managed to convince them to resend the money, as they couldn't provide any receipt, bill, invoice whatever. I guess I went through a 10-message-loop until I got my money back! but it worked!!

Login to Me Too

T123456

hello @hippy_ade  it's the same case with me. could you provide me the email you contacted Fashion Guru on?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.