'There's a problem with your account.' Paypal won't tell me what the problem IS.

clbgrdn
New Community Member

When I try to send money - to someone I've successfully sent money multiple times in the past - I get the above error message. And that's all it says.

"There's a problem with your account. Please go to the Resolution Center so we can help you resolve any limitations on your account."

The only thing I can think of is that I've recently moved, but my address and card information are up to date. But even that's just a guess, because Paypal won't tell me what the problem is. There is no error message anywhere that I can find; no indication that my account settings or information should have changed in a way that prevents further transactions.

Chat bot is useless, and not having any success with the message boards either. I can't imagine it's very complicated, so posting here before attempting to slog through their phone system. If anyone else has had this error message and also resolved it, I'd be grateful for any tips.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@clbgrdn 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a private direct message via Social Media on Facebook, Twitter/X, or Instagram pages.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.