Scam Suspected

Graga
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently received an invoice from Digitech Solutions saying that they had renewed my 2 year membership for $199.99USD . The only product I use from them is a calender app which I would not pay $99 a year for when there are free ones avaiable. They say they have deducted the payment as it is an automated system but it is not showing up in any accounts hence that is why I looked in Paypal. 3 days later I get the same invoice. I can't reply to their email and when finding their website and going to the contact us link I get a 405-HTTP Verb used....is not allowed. The other strange thing is the sender is Digitel Solutions and a private name .Why wouldn't they use their website domain name. This thing is stressing me out. Hopefully someone has answers.

Login to Me Too
73 REPLIES 73

Agiordani69
Contributor
Contributor
I got the same email
Login to Me Too

WLS2
Contributor
Contributor

I've been emailed by the same "Digital Solutions" purporting to "renew" my subscription for $199.99. I've checked and no funds have been withdrawn from my PayPal or bank account. I think this is a phishing campaign to get you to reply to the email. DO NOT REPLY to it, check your bank accounts and PayPal accounts to see if a withdrawal has been made in that amount.

Login to Me Too

Graga
Contributor
Contributor
Couldn't give you better advice. Done well. Unfortunately some people still get sucked in. That's why it is still circulating after many years like the Nigerian scam. Regards, Graga
Login to Me Too

WLS2
Contributor
Contributor

Wait, I got my $30,000,000, didn't you?  LOL!!!!

Login to Me Too

WLS2
Contributor
Contributor

I think it's a phishing attempt to get you to reply to the email then it either floods you with unwanted spam or sends you malware. DO NOT REPLY to it, check you bank account and PayPal accounts to see if any funds have been withdrawn in that amount. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

semk4
Contributor
Contributor
I expect it is a scam and delete the email don’t open it
Login to Me Too

sylaoda
Contributor
Contributor

These two Chinese companies have cheated, and the order I received did not meet my actual needs! Demand sanctions on these 2 Chinese companies! If there are no questions, why should I dispute?
I hope the hosting is fair, otherwise I will withdraw from this service! No longer using PAYPAL.

Login to Me Too

Ayoung_79
Contributor
Contributor

I just got an email today with the same thing.  I called the number at the bottom of the email and a foreigner answered the call.  He wanted me to go to this website and download it onto my computer.  Then a screen comes up with a user id and password that he requested me to give to him.  I'm really worried now he has access to all my personal information and then some. He told me to keep working if I'm at work.  It just seems fishy to me. He said they were going to call me back and I just give them the user id and password that was on the download.  I hope I didn't **bleep** up.

Login to Me Too

chbanks816
New Community Member

Digitech IT

I just received an email stating they are renewing my contract for $199.99 but I've never even heard of these people! Hopefully, no charge shows up. 

Login to Me Too

faithlifenow69
Contributor
Contributor

Just ignore them.   Don't answer or get into a conversation with the.   They want into your computer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.