Paypal just scammed me!!!

Jovanj1
New Community Member

Just want to shate horrible experience with Paypal. Its not big transaction, its $86 part for my car that i didnt recieved. So, i ordered one pair of paddle shifters from one of th China sellers that i found on alibaba. I paid them for paddle shifters and i never recieved them. I called them over 200 times on whatsapp but they just shut down the phone. Finally , few months after i ordered i decided to open case on Paypal asking for my money back, and Paypal denied my claim. I literally uploaded proof of conversation with seller and proof that they didnt answered me and they denied me. Worst part about whole situation is that seller responded to my claim and they uploaded tracking number to case showing delivery to Chula Vista, California, USA, and i am located in Europe. My address i ordered on was in EU, in country that is literally 6000km from this tracking location that scammer seller uploaded. What should i do now?? I will definitelly start thinking about never using Paypal anymore, but is there any chance i can fill some claim for this?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

oldmemes
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry I cannot help. But Paypal has become really bad. I'm not sure why they are still in business. I only use them, because I am too lazy to change all my accounts. But I wanted to thank you for posting this. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jovanj1 

Paypal is just a payment processor that gives you 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection.
So disputes for non receipt of item are mostly automated. Seller provides tracking that shows delivery = seller wins.
So then its your turn to do some work to assist Paypal in recovering your purchase price from your seller.

Firstly ring Paypal customer services and tell them that the number is fake or that the item was shown as shipped before you purchased it. With that information they may well just issue you a refund.

Secondly if they don't then... APPEAL
To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address. THEY DON'T HAVE TO SAY WHICH ADDRESS IT WAS SENT TO, JUST THAT IT WAS NOT DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS.

Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click contact at the bottom of the page, or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your Paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SweetPea551
Contributor
Contributor

i have a similar issue where I bought an item on Facebook and the shipper sent me confirmation but i never received the package-the tracking number said it was delivered and when I contacted UPS they sent me information about where the package was supposedly delivered to -which was not my address. I sent in as proof and they keep on denying my case and keep repeating that the seller reported that the package was delivered but to whom.

they believe the seller but not the customer. the seller has blocked me so i have no contact with him at all.

i am done with PayPal not using them much anymore as they are not there for me at all.

there is no buyers protection here at all

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SweetPea551 

Strange because loads of folks on here have taken my above advice and received refunds IF they provide the proof that I advised.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.