Paypal ask purchase receipt from your supplier

shopdoos
Contributor
Contributor

We are doing service based business. recently my account get lmited,

and then paypal ask about my business informations and contact details.we provided all of them...

but now paypal also need

1.purchase receipt from your supplier

2.proof of fulfillment

But we are doing  web hosting services. it will not require purchase receipt.

how can i solve this

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

gudguy1a
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like some kind of snafu or paypal hack.

I got the same message you all did and have not sold anything.

Let paypal sort this out - it looks like there is nothing we can do and with this number of people on this site alone  complaining, imagine how many others are 'not' complaining (I was HIGHLY **bleep** at first) until I started searching for others in this same spot.

Login to Me Too

msephton
Contributor
Contributor

I also got limited and asking for proof of:

• Provide proof of fulfilment (for a transaction that has yet to be shipped! i will have to pay for shipping in cash because i can't do it online through eBay because of the PayPal limitation)
  • Provide purchase receipt from your supplier (this one is confusing because I am selling old video games I have had stored for 10–20 years!)
Login to Me Too

hybridhavoc
Contributor
Contributor

So there seems to have been a wave of limitations placed on Paypal accounts that aren't even used as sellers, at least based on the previous couple of posts here and the most recent posts here .

Login to Me Too

Khainestar
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the restrictions set to my account today.

Khainestar_0-1602245843503.png

So to prove.. something. I need a picture of a person, which paypal has no clue it is is me or not, and a supplier receipt... I am not a seller, I haven't sold anything and I only really use paypal to purchase from ebay and other sites..

Login to Me Too

gudguy1a
Contributor
Contributor

update:

One paypal community member just posted what paypal stated (but I do not see that anywhere yet):

Hello there! Thank you for contacting PayPal. Sorry to know that your account is limited. We are currently experiencing a known issue related to certain limitations placed on accounts. Our system is automatically reviewing and removing the affected limitations within the next 24-48 hours. If your limitation is not removed within the next 48 hours, please follow the steps in the resolution center to resolve the account issues.

Login to Me Too

Khainestar
Contributor
Contributor

I would follow the instructions in the resolution center if they made any sense. I have no supplier as I am not setting, and a photo is pretty pointless.

Login to Me Too

gudguy1a
Contributor
Contributor

another member posted this last night:

I called, put in my "special" code, and got told the wait times were between 4 hours 7 minutes, and upwards of 6 hours.

It said it would transfer me, the completely disconnected me. Again.

Login to Me Too

hybridhavoc
Contributor
Contributor
Just to provide an update, the limitations on my account were lifted this morning. This was after contacting their support but not speaking to an actual person. I never provided any kind of receipt. So just seemed to be some issue with their systems as stated.
Login to Me Too

Khainestar
Contributor
Contributor

Glad that some people are getting some headway on this, Gives me a little hope.

My response from Paypal on twitter was

Hi there, thank you for reaching out to PayPal. I understand your concern regarding account limitation. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Account limitations are placed in situations where we see unusual or suspicious activity, or when we need to collect information necessary for keeping your account open. When we place a limitation, an email is sent to explain the reason for the limitation and what needs to be done to resolve the problem. In most cases, you can find options to resolve the limitation in the Resolution Center.

So, restating what I said, and telling me what I already know. Then asking me to do what I went to great lengths to explain that I can't do.

Still Klarna seems to work well.

Login to Me Too

AudiophileSea
Contributor
Contributor

I think I have a solution.  After reading the posts I'm not going to bother with calling them.  After my father died, getting his money out of PayPal was only accomplished after spending half of than money on a lawyer.  Unconscionable.

So for the question:  "Provide purchase receipt from your supplier."  I created a word document titled:  "I-do-not-have-any-suppliers," and saved it as a PDF.  I then uploaded it per the instructions as if it were a receipt from a supplier.  I included the below language in the .pdf.  We will see if this works (I'll let you all know), but it DID allow me to complete the restoration questions and it created a reference ID for me.  It says:  "We’re reviewing your information and will get back to you regarding the status of Ref ID: PP-L-26429XXXX within 3 days."  Fingers crossed.

"Hello:  I am selling personal electronic items I originally purchased up to 15 years ago.  Therefore, I cannot provide receipts because:

1. I do not have any receipts for goods I bought a decade ago.
  2. Any receipts I could find would be more than 6 months old.
  3. I do not have any suppliers.

Please fix.  I’d like to continue using PayPal, but will move to something else, obviously, if I can’t use it to sell personal items.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.