PAYPAL SUPPORTING CHINA SCAMMERS

anbowlin
Contributor
Contributor
I placed orders through AliExpress because I received emails about discounts and what not . Okay I placed an order for some dressers (2) and noticed one was delivered to someone else and the other the seller was sending to someone else as well . long story short I placed new orders and filed disputes . well the same happened with the other sellers . I reported this again WITH PROOF to paypal that the merchants FROZE my orders and delivered them to someone else and was denied !!!! paypal claims the seller provided them with tracking which I know to be FALSE because where are my orders ?! where is my over $500 in product ?! WHY ARE MY ORDERS FROZEN ?! PAYPAL IS A TOTAL SCAM !!!
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anbowlin 

Paypal is just a payment processor that gives you 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection.
So disputes for non receipt of item are mostly automated. Seller provides tracking that shows delivery = seller wins.
So then its your turn to do some work to assist Paypal in recovering your purchase price from your seller.

Firstly ring Paypal customer services and tell them that the number is fake or that the item was shown as shipped before you purchased it. With that information they may well just issue you a refund.

Secondly if they don't then... APPEAL
To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address. THEY DON'T HAVE TO SAY WHICH ADDRESS IT WAS SENT TO, JUST THAT IT WAS NOT DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS.

Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click contact at the bottom of the page, or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your Paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

anbowlin
Contributor
Contributor
Nope appeals to not work. They say their decision is final and cannot be reversed. PayPal is at fault here for not providing ANY protection whatsoever. I provided proof of where the order was delivered and was still denied my case. I am reporting to my credit card directly and reporting paypal for supporting these china scammers
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anbowlin 

Well that has worked for loads of folks so saying it doesn't work without any evidence is incorrect.

I guess you didn't bother to get the information that I advised you to get and supply paypal with.

I already told you in the last line of my above post that you may be able to do a c.c. chargeback. 

As for reporting paypal they didn't choose your seller you did. If you buy from sites on Social Media then they are nearly always China companies selling mainly tat so don't buy from them?   

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

anbowlin
Contributor
Contributor
No one can appeal a FINAL decision and if you want 'proof' try it yourself. How am I supposed to provide this 'proof' when I am unable to upload the literal email they sent me saying it is FINAL and CANNOT be reversed ?! I chose my product, not my seller and the seller was not even the ACTUAL seller . That company got my items third party ! I have bought from companies before with no issue so saying that makes zero sense like do you not realize majority is done ONLINE . well yes I expect what I pay for ONLINE .
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anbowlin 

As I have already said a lot of folks have used the method I suggested above and successfully appealed so no you are wrong in saying it can't be done, it has been done on a regular basis. If you don't want to try then don't, doesn't bother me at all.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Whosisit
New Community Member

I have been with PayPal since 2005 and only recently recommended them for small payments, to friends.
However, tonight I made a payment to Omaze and when it linked to Paypal I noticed my address email needed changing, as I have moved. I tried to change my address on the Omaze account but firstly it wouldn't accept the change and said my password was wrong. I used the link to the APP that Paypal was showing whilst doing this transaction. I wanted to cancel the transaction with Omaze as the address was wrong. Just when the email came out to  me in all this (confirming the Paypal payment), I do not know but when I tried to get Paypal to change my address, I had to put in a new Password. When the APP installed and I opened it, it showed my account and a name I don't know 'Stuart McGregor' and a payment name (waiting for a payment to be completed) of srmgregor. I immediately sent in details of this issue, a case was raised. I know this as when I went to check, not long after the case was History! They said I had authorised 'some transactions' that were referred to in my communication. The case had been closed.
I have written back, as I couldn't close the account (seemed my best option) as it said 'A payment was waiting to be completed' and this ref to 'srmegregor' was still there waiting for the amount to be filled in and I could not get rid of it. 
The thing is, I have Paypal linked to 2 accounts...which I have now managed to remove and they did not read the details or show any concern for the 'issue' I submitted.,(one or the other) about this 'srmcgregor 'payment. This 'payment' is still stuck there waiting to be filled in and paid. Who is it to and why is it there?! It has no amount YET, but how do I know someone isn't accessing my account and will now put in an amount and have it filled by Paypal, although now I have moved the link to my bank accounts and Amex, they won't be able to.
Has anyone had anything like this happen to them?

Login to Me Too

anbowlin
Contributor
Contributor
You obviously do not know much about it then because it has been attempted by not only ME , but several others , and NO , it can not be done as they said it is FINAL , NO APPEALS ! There is NO way to appeal something that doesnt allow for appeals to begin with . Not sure what you are not understanding but it is pretty clear they are NOT offering appeals . Paypal has changed and not for the better for its customers .
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anbowlin 

So there is 'you and your several others' that failed.

Then there are the hundreds that have used and succeeded with that method on this forum, go figure.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Chrisben1
Contributor
Contributor

I strongly suspect PayPal takes sides with those they believe have more transactions than us buyers. They dismiss a $2,000 clear scam case with just simply the Company Denied My claim!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.