My account was hacked and PayPal isn't trying to correct even though I've got the proof

Dyst_93
New Community Member

Ok so since December I've been loading money my PayPal account saving for us a car. I'm a single mother of 6 and our lives have been complete hell and only getting worse. Someone has hacked into my email started mirroring my phone and also stolen my identity. Complete nightmare. So I've disputed the transactions hoping to get all i had saved up into my account. So a couple of the payments like 66 97 86 they accepted but now on the major ones now keep in mind I've only used my PayPal to load money nothing else not to send money not to transfer to a card nothing but load it. They are now telling me there isn't enough evidence for me to get a refund even though I've sent the evidence were my account was hacked and everything and they still are refusing to give me my money. Who wouldn't be upset?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

harmonst02
New Community Member

My account was hacked too this year. Over 7,000+ and paypal is giving me hell. Their reason is, the ip address they used is mine. That's what hackers do! Which part don't they understand. 

I did not realize the unauthorized transactions on my PayPal account until Saturday, April 29th when I tried using my PayPal debit card at Kia and the card declined. Later that evening I contacted PayPal and was told that a restriction was placed on my account because of suspicious activity. However, the hacker tried a second time and was successful.

i keep finding similar stories. What can we do about this collectively?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.