Money Transfer Payment for Goods

Bafurco
Contributor
Contributor

A retailers site had a PayPal button that directed me to PayPal to make a money transfer to their PayPal account using the order number as a reference. 
As I had bought from them a long time ago, I made the transfer. Does this transaction method affect my PayPal protection?

It seems to me that the system is being short-circuited to save the retailer costs and possibly transfer them to me!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bafurco 

The only mention of protection is made at the end where it states that you may be covered.

If you see, “Need Help? If there's a problem, make sure to contact the seller through PayPal by [Date]. You may be eligible for purchase protection” then you paid as goods and services so seller is charged a paypal fee to receive payment and if you meet protection eligibility as per PayPal Buyer Protection Program, you will be covered.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bafurco 

Click on the transaction, do you see any mention of buyer / purchase protection?

Login to Me Too

Bafurco
Contributor
Contributor

The transaction details are close to other "normal" transactions. What is missing is Seller Information / Invoice ID / Purchase details. Instead there is a Note where I had entered the order number
The only mention of protection is made at the end where it states that you may be covered. But this appears on all transactions

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bafurco 

The only mention of protection is made at the end where it states that you may be covered.

If you see, “Need Help? If there's a problem, make sure to contact the seller through PayPal by [Date]. You may be eligible for purchase protection” then you paid as goods and services so seller is charged a paypal fee to receive payment and if you meet protection eligibility as per PayPal Buyer Protection Program, you will be covered.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.