Is Altrixl ltd a spoof

Willieporter
New Community Member

Purchased an item on my Paypal account from Altrixl.com IS THIS A SPOOF COMPANY ? And if so why do PayPal allow payment to people such as the above mentioned ?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Willieporter 

Do a google search on the company as I don't know every company/merchant in the world unfortunately.

However is it one of these Chinese Web Sites on Social Media? 

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give some buyer and some seller protection. However that protection can never be a 100% coverall so you need to read it so you can risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description or you receive a totally different product.

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

Do not close the dispute until you have a refund or your item.
If a seller states that they can't refund until you have closed the dispute don't believe them.
Escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days (before it times out), if you need Paypal to get involved.

If you lose because the seller provides a fake tracking number then post back here for more advice.

If the item arrives and its not what you ordered / not as described then make sure you change the dispute quickly from non receipt. If the dispute times out before you can change it then contact customer services to open a second dispute for the new reason.
If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will issue a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FMeyer
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it is, I make a complain but PayPal side with them because of a phonie delivery proof. They give me 2 different date and time of delivery. I have Ring camera covering my front door and front yard with mail box. On the days and times they give nobody was on the camera. Its sad I send the picture to PayPal but they preferred to stick with the scamer. Thanks PayPal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FMeyer 

Guess you didn't want to take the advice I posted above on what to do when this happens?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

FMeyer
Contributor
Contributor

I bought it with paypal.

They are my card.

You have anything else to help?

I took my loss.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FMeyer 

ok, whatever.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

FMeyer
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is my card where I did the transaction and decline the refund.

I have nobody to claim a refund to.

I for that i said i take my loss.

Unless you have a better way to fix it?

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

I also purchased from Altrix and did receive a package from them but the items in the package were not the items that I ordered. I contacted the company and they offered me a 30% and 40% of my total purchase price. To me this was not acceptable because it was the company Altrix that sent me the wrong items. They wanted me to pay for the return and then they would give me my refund. I don't think I should have to pay for the return of these items since it was the company's mistake not mine. I logged a dispute with Paypal and even escalated it and PayPal took the sellers side and said that if I return the product I would receive my refund. I contacted PayPal and asked them why I was being punished for the company's mistake and was told that I would need to contact the seller about them paying for the return. I'd already contacted the company about them sending me a prepaid return label and they would not do that so that's why I filed the dispute with Paypal. PayPal was no help and I'm very disappointed with Paypal. I use PayPal in case issues like this come up and they FAILED miserably on this issue.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@00108600 

Paypal do exactly what they say they will do.........

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

Well, on my order confirmation at the bottom it states "Shipping Method: Free Shipping 90 Days free return" and still I'm paying for the return shipping because PayPal has told me that they are out of it now. Thanks again Paypal for all you wonderful help, NOT.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.