I want a charge back or refund from a fake seller or scammer .

edu123systems
Contributor
Contributor
I paid a fake seller 2400$ With pay pal on 19th December 2023. Unfortunately the fake seller blocked me and refused to ship the cars I bought from him. I contacted pay pal for charge back or refund from the fake seller . Pay pal replied me on January 3rd stating that the fake seller wanted to refund me 1500$ , that I should accept the 1500$ and close the case or decline the offer . I declined the offer because I needed my full refund of 2400$. Unfortunately for me, pay pal rule this case in favour of the fake seller. I contacted my financial institution and my credit card company to charge the account back. Now pay pal is telling me to close the case with my bank so that I can loose my money. Is like pay pal don’t want me to recover my money from this scammer? or pay pal is helping the fake seller? Somebody should help me ask pay pal questions .
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@edu123systems 

If they were real cars and not model ones then paypal does not provide buyer protection for motor vehicles unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

edu123systems
Contributor
Contributor
Pay pal. They should give access to my credit card company and my financial institution to charge my money back from this the fake seller. The cars he wanted to sell to me is Mercedes c300 and Chevrolet Impala LT.. Is it because is not real or model cars… I should loose my hard earn Nigeria money to a scammer?? Somebody should advice me. I need a refund from this scammer. I have reported this case to my financial institution. And they have issue a charge back already. I m waiting for my financial institution reply
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@edu123systems 

If you have started a chargeback via your card issuer then its between you and your card issuer now.

You have no paypal buyer protection so its up to your card issuer if they agree to the chargeback or not, Paypal does not make that decision once you have issued a chargeback, the c.c. company makes all the decisions. Paypal just passes on any information to the card issuer on your behalf.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

edu123systems
Contributor
Contributor
Since I’m not protected by pay pal. That is to say pay pal want me loose my hard earn money to scammer and I have been using pay pal since 2015. Pay pal should provide any information of the fake seller if my card issuer need it .
Login to Me Too

edu123systems
Contributor
Contributor
Pay pal , stop asking me wether I get the answer …I needed.. until I get my refund from the scammer. as I told you people to provide the scammer information whenever My credit card company needed it because you people communicated with the scammer on January 3rd and the scammer agreed to refund me 1500$ which I declined because I need my full refund of 2400$ .. my credit company have issue him charge back . Pay pal try your possible means to assist my financial institution whenever they needed any scammer information!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@edu123systems 

Pointless keep posting on here, nothing we can do about it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

edu123systems
Contributor
Contributor
Because is not your personal money . That is the reason You are calling is pointless.. just make sure to provide scammer information for me to get my refund . Whenever my credit card company needs it !
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@edu123systems 

Me?  🤣  I am not providing anything.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

edu123systems
Contributor
Contributor
Who cares🤣. You people have planned to eat my money but it will not work for you people o. 2400$ is N3,504,000 today. I know that my bank and my credit will get the money from you people 🤣. With charge back. Watch and see. Bro
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.