I have proof someone is using PayPal to scam and steal and he did it to me

rachelwalsh
New Community Member
I am currently receiving treatment for a left temporal lobe brain tumor and cervical cancer and it's 4 hours from my home. I had a guy want to buy some things I have posted for sale in my hometown. He said he would pay me after he picked it up, he didn't, he said he sent money on face book and he didn't then he said he would do it on PayPal and he did then he reported it as fraud. I have all the messages between us, what should I do? I even had my husband drive 2 1/2 hours so I could pick it up and the guy won't let me. He immediately disputed the payment he sent me, because he's trying to get PayPal to back him up. I have all the screenshots of him admitting he owes me and is sending it on PayPal and now I can't touch it. What do I do?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rachelwalsh 

If he has opened a paypal dispute/claim then respond to it with any information that may help your case and wait to see how paypal responds or in who's favour the claim is decided.

A lot depends on 'which' dispute he opened. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.