How to recover money sent as family and friends because of a fraud

Tom_84
Contributor
Contributor

Hi to everyone and many blessings to all.I'm here because i need some help and want to be guide to how to resolve my small big problem.I had sent $450 plus fees to a person that is going to send my wife a dog.The dog is a puppy for adoption and my wife and i send the money to cost for shipping the dog to my door.The person give us tracking number and when the day come the person bringing the dog told my wife that US customs ask for money to be process.The amount was too high and we told the person that that amount of money we can not send that much.The person stop sending message and they did not replay any message at all from us.This happen just today.The person request that the $450 must be sent by paypal as family and friends because she not have a business.Everythings looks good but sadly it ends without the dog and my wife and i with broken hearts....Can i recover my money back???

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tom_84 wrote:

Hi to everyone and many blessings to all.I'm here because i need some help and want to be guide to how to resolve my small big problem.I had sent $450 plus fees to a person that is going to send my wife a dog.The dog is a puppy for adoption and my wife and i send the money to cost for shipping the dog to my door.The person give us tracking number and when the day come the person bringing the dog told my wife that US customs ask for money to be process.The amount was too high and we told the person that that amount of money we can not send that much.The person stop sending message and they did not replay any message at all from us.This happen just today.The person request that the $450 must be sent by paypal as family and friends because she not have a business.Everythings looks good but sadly it ends without the dog and my wife and i with broken hearts....Can i recover my money back???

Sorry, but friends and family payments are not covered by PayPal Purchase Protection. They are ‘gift’ payments so no refunds. ALWAYS use goods and services option when making a purchase/deposit on a purchase. Seller do not have to be a “business” or need to have a business account. Do not let anyone convince you otherwise, they will disappear with your money! 

If not too late, pay the US customs fee to get your dog if that is not a scam in itself. Did you adopt the dog from overseas?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Tom_84
Contributor
Contributor
Yes...but the person stop sending message....very sad to see that is was our big mistake...:(.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.