How can my account be locked over this?

ozpodge
Contributor
Contributor

A buyer paid for a Vinyl record through Paypal and in the same day filed an Item not received complaint resulting  in the funds being held. I wasn't aware that one could pay with Paypal and in the same day file  non received of good complaint.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ozpodge 

Yeah, some buyers are bad like that. You can issue a refund if you haven’t shipped yet or provide tracking number in the dispute.  You may want to give PayPal a call and let them know customer filed not received case one day after payment and to push back dispute/claim resolution date to allow time for delivery.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ozpodge
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, but there is no option to refund at all and I am not able to message the buyer either. This really stinks, but I will look for their Number to call. Thanks

Login to Me Too

ozpodge
Contributor
Contributor

The funds are on hold and I will not send the vinyl without getting paid first.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ozpodge 

If you are refusing to send the item because the funds are on hold then I can see why the buyer opened a dispute.

If its marked as completed in your Paypal account then the buyer has paid. The fact its pending on your account is between you and Paypal.
Funds for new sellers are held for 21 days but released more quickly if they provide a tracking number (delivery + 1 day).
https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297

Even if the funds were withdrawn to your bank account paypal are still obliged to issue a refund if you lose a dispute. The hold is to protect Paypal from bad sellers that refuse, meaning Paypal may have to refund the buyer instead putting the sellers account into negative until they pay Paypal back.

If the seller refuses to send item/service then the buyer can file a dispute for non receipt.
That may impact the sellers paypal account in some way if they continue doing so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ozpodge
Contributor
Contributor

This is how it works. I receive the money, Then I ship the item. PERIOD.. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE MONEY BECAUSE PAYPAL IS HOLDING THE $.

Login to Me Too

ozpodge
Contributor
Contributor

THE BUYER FILED A NON RECEIPT OF GOODS ON THE SAME DAY HE PAID!! I NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO SEND AS PAYPAL PUT THE MONEY ON HOLD!

Login to Me Too

ozpodge
Contributor
Contributor

MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT HAS BEEN IN GOOD STANDING FOR 20 YEARS I AM NOT A NEWBIE. BUYER FILED DISPUTE ON THE SAME DAY HE PAID!!  IS THAT OK WITH YOU???

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ozpodge 

Yep, I would do the same thing, it would show as paid on the buyers side and you are refusing to send so yes I would file a dispute for non receipt.

Once escalated to a claim the buyer would win if you had not provided tracking by then and your 'seller hold' status would probably be longer because you have lost a dispute.

As long as the funds are showing as ''on hold'' and not ''pending ie an echeque'' then you have been paid as per link.

Doesn't bother me one jot what you do, I am just telling you how it works.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ozpodge 

That's not what you said, you said you refused to send it because the funds were placed on hold.

The funds are on hold and I will not send the vinyl without getting paid first.

You have also changed it from....

and in the same day filed an Item not received complaint

to

within minutes after paying for it

If you don't give accurate information then don't call folks idiots when they give you advice based on that information.  😁

Resorting to silly insults is really rather juvenile.

Suggest you send trackable or refund, byeeeee.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.