Help me Pay 3 disaster.

ClaireM66
Contributor
Contributor

Pay 3…

I ordered a large item from B&Q on 14May. It was due to be delivered on 20th May. I actually cancelled it on 15th May. The first payment went out of PayPal on the day of the order. 
I have still not had a refund B&Q have said it would have been refunded via payment method. (PAYPAL)
I have not received a refund from PayPal yet. Nor from B&Q! Who has my money? I cannot afford to just throw away £300. I did message and call PayPal who have said B&Q should have refunded ME.

pits like banging my head on a brick wall!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ClaireM66 

You’ll have to call back customer service for a review of the transaction. No one here can see what is going on behind the scenes with this transaction (can’t see transaction/loan statuses, was the transaction marked as Completed or Pending at the time of cancelation, was there a record of refund, etc.) to make any sort of determination.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ClaireM66
Contributor
Contributor
I have an email from B&Q to say item and delivery cancelled and a refund would be processed within 14days. Eventually spoke to someone real at PP. They said B&Q have not refunded to them. Because I raised an issue... told PayPal I had cancelled an they didn't need to take payment as a refund was on its way. First response was tough. You had 10 days to sort it! Can't reopen the case. What? So I just wave goodbye to my money? The customer service is shocking... AI responses are NOT helpful. Live message response was rude and abruptly cut short before I was able to explain.
Login to Me Too

Traew13
Contributor
Contributor
I'm no help- but I will vouch that PayPal customer service is ridiculous in a situation like this. The whole set up is inept and the "chat" system is like trying to talk to my dog to get answers. You might check your PayPal balance instead of your checking/card balance- as that is where mine got **bleep** up. I wish you well and hope they escalate your situation to someone who can help.
Login to Me Too

Traew13
Contributor
Contributor
I have no idea why the word I choose was bleeped🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Login to Me Too

ClaireM66
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.