Fraudulent Bank Transfer - PayPal has denied my case. $3281.02 at stake

brownspottedcat
Contributor
Contributor

This morning, I awoke to an email that stated a bank transfer had been started totaling $3281.02 to a "COMMUNITY FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK" account. I reported unauthorized activity and my claim was denied.

Someone had accessed my account from a Mac this morning, added their bank to my account, and immediately withdrew every penny from my account. I don't know how they could've denied my claim. I don't know what to do.

I've removed 3 unauthorized logins that occurred within the last month, 2 from Mac computers, and one from something called "ginna". The Macs had logged in on the 8th of May and 13th (today), while "ginna" logged in on April 8th. I've noticed multiple emails stating PayPal "couldn't verify you bank account" with the name omitted from the title, which I now believe was a past attempt of theirs. Didn't think anything of those emails until today.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brownspottedcat 

You’ll have to contact customer services to request a deeper investigation and informing them what you’ve experienced. Next time, don’t take lightly of official yet strange emails, notifying customer services about it. They are warning signs of fraudulent activity. I hope they still have evidence of the unauthorized logins nevertheless since you removed them.

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us      

Scroll down to click Call Us option under the Common Issues section.

Keep asking for an agent until you’re connected to one.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:    

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brownspottedcat 

You’ll have to contact customer services to request a deeper investigation and informing them what you’ve experienced. Next time, don’t take lightly of official yet strange emails, notifying customer services about it. They are warning signs of fraudulent activity. I hope they still have evidence of the unauthorized logins nevertheless since you removed them.

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us      

Scroll down to click Call Us option under the Common Issues section.

Keep asking for an agent until you’re connected to one.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:    

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.