FirstPressGames scammed me. How can I get my money back after 3 years? (Help to Ukraine)

Marvelheroes
Contributor
Contributor

Good afternoon and hello from Ukraine
Dear friends, please tell me what I should do. I am from Ukraine and before the war I made a pre-order for a physical edition of a video game for PlayStation 4 on the website of FirstPressGames - firstpressgames.com, a company that published video games on physical media. This was supposed to be my wife's birthday present in 2021!
I paid them 90 Euros (70 Euros game + 20 Euros shipping to Ukraine). The order was placed in August 2021.
As it turned out, this company works on the principle of Ponzi scheme. They published the first batch of games until 2021 and shipped to the customers. After that, they continue to take pre-orders during 3 years, but never ship anything else to anyone.
It's been over 180 days and of course the money can no longer be refunded via standard PayPal refund. But at that time, it was not yet known that the company is a scammer.
They cheated a huge number of people about what you can read by typing FirstPressGames in google. And nobody can do anything about it.
Now in my country there is a brutal war, and we have not had time to play games for 3 years. I have emailed this company many times - but they do not respond
Please tell me how I can get my money back via PayPal for the fake order. This is a lot of money for us now, we are barely surviving. Now this money would have already gone to food and medicines
Please help us to get the money back - it's really a scam and a problem.

P.S. They blocked Ukraine on the website and now i can only access the site through VPN and removed my country from the shipping list of countries on their site. They will definitely never ship me anything, and it's just a scam!

And Paypal still continue working with this Company! Why???

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marvelheroes 

Unfortunately Paypal only provides buyer protection for up to 180 days and you are well over that time frame.

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card you could try a chargeback but it may be too long for their cover as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.