Faulty boots after 45 days

Merton69
Contributor
Contributor

Back in January I bought a pair of motorcycle boots via eBay.

They are hardly worn as I work in a Junior School and only use them for commuting a 20 minute journey, so term time only.

But last week I noticed, in the heel is a split which also reveals a metal plate, I presume for strengthening. So it's dangerous!!

Not only this but winter weather has started and moisture is finding its way into the boot.

I have tried since last week, attempting to get a reply from the Seller, but no joy. A full description including images was sent.

eBay do not want to know.

These boots are not fit for purpose and PayPal won't allow me to claim for a refund or another pair to be sent.

Please can anyone advise?

Many thanks,

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Merton69 

You only have 180 days to open a dispute for item received but not as described.

Even credit cards don't give you any longer than that.

If you bought them in the UK you could try a small claims court action but if its something like tat from China then sadly you are out of luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Merton69
Contributor
Contributor

As you can see from my opener, the item is far from 'tat'.

Surely you have a 12 month guarantee.

Not only this but the boots are hardly worn and were bought in late January, so only 8 months of use, remembering they are only used to commute a 20 minute journey Mon-Fri and only school term time.

Not fit for purpose.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Merton69 

Well I don't guarantee anything but paypal offer you buyer protection for items not received OR not as described up to 180 days post payment.

If you want guarantees then would need to sort that out with the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.