Fake invoices FROM MY account continue to be sent

android557
Contributor
Contributor

Every day, a bunch of activity is taking place on my account indicating that I have SENT invoices to many different people.

Again, we are not receiving fake invoices - we are SENDING them.

We've contacted PayPal support, and the recommendation was to change our password, which we did; they also recommended changing our actual email address, but haven't explained how this could be happening.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

android557
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone?

Login to Me Too

TayaCamli
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing is happening to me - I am in Perth Western Australia. I have tried on two occasions to email Paypal with no response. I have tried to call and my all keeps disconnecting.

Someone has been sending fake invoices from my account since the 18th of October 2023.

The invoices are being sent to customer in the US. The customers are of course reporting this and then paypal is issuing a refund.

The problem is someone is then taking the money from my account and must be sending it to themselves because now I owe $78 AUD and whoever has hijacked my account has gotten away with it and left me with the refund bill.

Funny thing is Paypal doesnt seem to care or want to do anything to help me because I keep getting stone walled with automated replies.

I recommend get your situation resolved and leave paypal. They dont seem to be as secure as they used to be. I am so disappointed with my situation.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.