Can't close account. Bank transfer

Dornel11
Contributor
Contributor
I want to close my account because i think its been hacked but it says pending transfer wont let it close. Ive removed my cards and bank account and theres no money in the linked account. What do i do?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dornel11 

Check if you had a subscription set up and cancel it?
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Secondly bank transfers are not instant, paypal credits a seller and they take the wait for the funds to process 5-7 days. So if you have had purchases done in the last few days the bank transfers may still be processing.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dornel11
Contributor
Contributor
I've removed all automatic payments, details, cards, accounts, everything. It just won't let me close my account because whoever has hacked my account has requested some sort of bank transfer. The bank account I had linked has no money in it as I moved it to my father's account for safety. I just wish to close this account asap.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Dornel11,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty with closing your account. I'll be happy to help with some information.

If there is a recent transaction, it's likely still moving money behind the scenes. When a bank account is used for an instant transfer, PayPal pays the funds to the recipient and waits for the funds to clear from the bank in the background. Once the funds have fully settled, the closure should be possible, as long as there are no limitations or other issues. If you are still unable to close the account after that, it's possible that there is a stuck transaction somewhere in the history of the account. You can reach out to Customer Service for assistance with that.

I hope this is swiftly resolved for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.