Apparent Phishing Attempt

KG4RUL
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone received and invoice from - kay pc parts llc [removed] elizabeth pa - I have not ordered anything from them - It appears to be a residence address

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

tshobby
Contributor
Contributor

I received the same invoice. I cancelled it.  I hope that's the end of it.

Login to Me Too

Captchung

I got one of these scam invoice emails today. Got my name totally wrong to start off with and then a badly written message to say an invoice will be paid automatically from my PP account in 48hours for some medical thing. I've never heard of sending an invoice to someone and magically setting some kind of auto payment setup without some prior agreement like a subscription or direct debit. Shows a supposed Paypal customer service number to cancel - firstly, Google the telephone number to check if there's any scam associated with it and it does in this case. I don't see the invoice anywhere in my PP admin dashboard though unlike some.

Login to Me Too

s76re22
New Community Member

I received a fraudulent invoice as well today, just looked at these forums and realized its a common phishing tactic. Like others I was able to cancel the invoice.

Its always a good idea to change password and add two-factor authentication to your account (if you didn't already) when these events occur. I forwarded the emails regarding this to [removed] as well just so they would look into it. I tried reporting it in the resolution center and it said this type of transaction couldn't be reported, which seems ridiculous as fraud is fraud regardless of transaction type and all incidents should be investigated and expediently shut down by PayPal if they want people to trust them with their financial information. I will update if anything else happens further.

Login to Me Too

Guyverix
New Community Member

I just got the same attempt.  How the heck do you cancel it?  I am not seeing a cancel anywhere on the invoice that is pending.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.