Annoying account restrictions when getting paid via PayPal

Jake-71
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

This is my first time getting paid via PayPal... I sold a guitar effect via Reverb.com, and asked the buyer to pay me with PayPal; the buyer lives in U.S.A and I live in Finland. Then PayPal announced me that they have restricted my PayPal account, and that will persist until I send them some more info. First they asked me the tracking code of the order (that was understandable) and a picture of my passport (?). I sent those to them and then they told me that they have cancelled the restrictions partly. Now I should describe the item I sold (which I did), but then they are requiring me the receipt of the purchase of the item I sold. Well, I bought it in the beginning of 1990's, so I really do not have any receipt of that anymore, after 30 years. Any ideas what I could do? And why they are doing this? I understand they want to protect the buyer (which explains the tracking code...), but the latest requirements do not have anything to do with protecting the buyer. Are they trying to confuse or frustrate me, so that I would give up and tell them to keep my money (nearly 700€)... This is getting really nerve racking... And my advice for those who are selling something by getting paid via PayPal: think twice!!

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

Regards,

Jake

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hey @Jake-71

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

I understand you have an account limitation and you would like some help on how to complete the steps to remove the limitation. 

Limitations can be placed when a customer has seen significant growth in business or has received a larger than usual payment, so we simply need to ensure that the buyers are satisfied with the product or service that is being delivered. 

Usually, there is an option in the Resolution Center to explain the activity on the account or leave a comment advising why you cannot complete the required steps. I would advise doing this for the step asking for your proof of purchase. 

Once these spaces are filled, your account will be sent for review by the relevant team. The reason we ask for this type of information is to get a better understanding of what you are receiving payments for and the sooner we receive this, the quicker we can get this resolved for you.

I hope this helps. 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hey @Jake-71

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

I understand you have an account limitation and you would like some help on how to complete the steps to remove the limitation. 

Limitations can be placed when a customer has seen significant growth in business or has received a larger than usual payment, so we simply need to ensure that the buyers are satisfied with the product or service that is being delivered. 

Usually, there is an option in the Resolution Center to explain the activity on the account or leave a comment advising why you cannot complete the required steps. I would advise doing this for the step asking for your proof of purchase. 

Once these spaces are filled, your account will be sent for review by the relevant team. The reason we ask for this type of information is to get a better understanding of what you are receiving payments for and the sooner we receive this, the quicker we can get this resolved for you.

I hope this helps. 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Jake-71
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Rebecca!!

Thank you for your reply! This problem is solved now, millions of thanks for PayPal's' Customer Service for their assistance! As I mentioned, this was the first time I "sold" something via PayPal, so my "business" grew significantly indeed, and thus that may explain these requirements. But this should be OK now...

Thanks again for your reply and have a nice week!!

Best Regards,

Jarkko

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Thank you for the update @Jake-71. I am glad to hear this was resolved. 

I hope you enjoy your week too 🙂 

Rebecca 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.