Account permanently limited

MJTurner
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I have just received an email telling me that my account has been permanently limited and I can't resolve the issue. I'VE DONE NOTHING WRONG!! I use paypal frequently and believe I've done nothing wrong. I even sent the email off to phishing@paypal.com because I'm so sure that I've done nothing wrong. So angry by this as I've been using paypal for several years, how is this a way to treat customers is beyond me. I hope this can be resolved.

I read on a relevant post that changing details and upping security would resolve it but this hasn't been the case. Seems like a ridiculous way to lose customers. 

Thanks

Marcus

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MJTurner 

Everyone who posts on here about being limited always says that they had broken no rules. However Paypal do not ban you for 0 reason. What would be the point? They make far more money from you using your Paypal account than interest on any held money.

However the most common reasons for an account limitation are:-

1. You have a previously limited account (temporary or permanent) and you have tried to open a new account and not resolved the issues with the other account first.
2. Using a VPN.
3. Not being in the country where you have opened a Paypal account.
4. Being under 18 / minor account.
5. Having 2 Paypal accounts or more of the same account type.
6. Not having your legal name on your Paypal account.
7. Selling items (often virtual or digital) that Paypal consider a high risk of disputes/chargebacks OR items that violate their acceptable use policy.
8. Using the friends/family option for sales transactions to try and evade Paypal fees and risk of disputes.
9. Violating their acceptable use policy as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/legalhub/acceptableuse-full?locale.x=en_US

If none of those then...

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MJTurner
Contributor
Contributor
You can’t be serious, of course it can happen. It’s an automated system. What would be the point?.. I’m not even going to answer that one.. Don’t want to make this rude/toxic. I’ve checked all of the reasons you mentioned and none of them apply to me, whether someone has/had access to either my bank account or PayPal, I don’t know. PayPal should notify you with the why’s.. not just do it out of the blue. Needs to be better communication to customers, never had an issue until now. I shall contact them tomorrow and see if they can give me the reason why and any possibility of removing the limitation. Thank you for the information you’ve provided, and apologies. I’m just really angry by this and just want answers. Thanks
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MJTurner 

Permanent limitations are not automated.

Hope you get it resolved but its rare they overturn a permanent ban, good luck though.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.