Account limited immediately after sending ID

AlexMG
Contributor
Contributor

I am brand new to paypal, in fact I have created an account just a few minutes ago. I was asked to send a picture of my ID, for which I was almost immediately limited. The picture in question contained all info clearly legible, but I covered my face with my finger (the prompt said that no faces should be present in the picture after all) I am especially baffled, considering it was probably an automatic process. All I wish is to get a non-automated message, I have tried contacting them through twitter and through their inbox already. 
Another important detail is that I live in Paraguay, but they recognized my country while creating an account, so that doesn't seem to be the issue.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

AlexMG
Contributor
Contributor

It's been a day and I haven't heard from paypal or any community member, I am immensely disappointed.. .

Login to Me Too

Akhilesh123
Contributor
Contributor

I have got the exact same issue and have been trying to contact them on what all ways i can. Converted my personal account into a business one, and to setup paypal.me i was asked to upload a picture, Right when i was selecting the picture for the id, the browser just frozed  and i received a mail telling me that i am permanently limited. Got no idea what happened, since its a brand new business account and "tada" now i can't receive my payments from my clients or not even try to set up a new account. Please let me know if you have any update btw.I have contacted them on what all way i can and no replies from them too.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @AlexMG,

Welcome to the PayPal community as a new member and thank you for your post!

I am sorry to know that your account is limited and for the trouble you have had recently. I understand that you've uploaded the documents as well. Please know that once you have submitted documents, it takes up to sometime to review and update you with the result.  In this case, please reach out to our customer support to check what best could be done to have access to your account at the earliest. You can certainly contact them through the available contact options on our website.

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

AlexMG
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @PayPal_Ayesha 
Thank you for responding to my message, I'm glad to inform you that I woke up to the news that my account has been restored, I am however still left with some important questions.
Is it the normal procedure to limit an account after they send their ID for the first time? Or was my case an exception? If the former is true, why is the message displayed to the user a big red warning sign informing them that their account has been permanently limited? I feel that I would have saved myself and your team a lot of stress if I was informed that account limitations are a normal part of the review process, or calling this period a 'review period' instead of a PERMANENT LIMITATION.

On a side note, and since I have your attention, I want to prevent having any troubles with your service in the future, so I want to ask you something else. 
My initial intention with PayPal is to accept donations for my photography work at pixabay, so I want to ask if that is an acceptable use of the service, specifically for a personal account.

Eager to hear from you again
AlexMG

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.