180 days to withdraw money!!!

cam281
Contributor
Contributor
Pay Pal I want to withdraw my money now, I have a lot of money in my account. My account has been fully limited and I can't use pay pal again, and you won't give me a reason why. I know I have done nothing wrong when you limited my account I gave you mt driver's license then you closed my account and tell me you can't tell me my. Let me withdraw my money now!!!!
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

I understand your frustration.  Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done when this sort of thing happens.

You say this happened "for no reason."  Well, there's always a reason, and it basically comes down to risk management.  One way or another your account was flagged as a high risk account.

What type of products/services are you selling?  Are you absolutely sure you haven't done something that goes against regulations or their acceptable use policy?  

Here's some info on why accounts get banned:  https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-paypal-account-limited-faq1758 

Maybe it will at least help you find possible reasons you were caught in this, but again, there's not much that can be done once you're in this state with your account.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you on that.  You can always try calling or talking to them through the PayPal Message Center.  Don't scream at them, though.  Your best bet of getting any info is to be cordial and respectful.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

cam281
Contributor
Contributor
I don't sell anything I use pay pal for personal use. Pay Pal asked for passport ir driver's license when the account was restricted so I have them my driver's license then they stopped my account.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @cam281

Sorry to hear of the limitation. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when you're unable to withdraw your balance. 

When an account is permanently limited, the balance is held for 180 days to cover any claims that could be filed within that time. Once this time passes, an email is sent with steps to withdraw your balance. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

cam281
Contributor
Contributor
There is no claims the large amount of money on my pay pal came from my bank transfer meaning there can't being any claims or refuds as it was my money to begin with, I want the money back in my bank and off pay pal, I am not waiting 180 days!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @cam281

Thanks for the update. 

I recommend reaching out to our support team for assistance. You can also reach us on Facebook and Twitter

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.