fake stamp scam?

mamaweil
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone received actual stamps from Hong Kong Manfan Trading Limited?  I see that they scammed a bunch of people.  How can I get my money refunded?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Ranch007
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, a big scam. When I initiated a dispute, the response by PayPal was there was no issue.  However, I noticed when I went to my Summary of transactions (that their Help mentioned to contact a seller within the PayPal website), that this firm does NOT have an email nor website within PayPal to contact them, so why does PayPal allow ANY seller to not have at least one method of contact, or if not, PayPal should bounce the transaction. So, I believe PayPal has a legal responsibility in this matter. I am questioning whether I should do further transactions or switch to one of the many other payment systems.

Hong Kong Manfan Trading Limited 

Login to Me Too

mamaweil
Contributor
Contributor

You'd think the USPS would get involved.  All I want is to get my money back.  #paypal

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @Ranch007 and @mamaweil,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received what you ordered. I understand how frustrating this would be. I also see you've stated that you already opened a dispute on the transaction. For this situation, I suggest contacting us to provide additional details. To contact our Customer Support, please click on 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website page to view available options. You can also reach out by sending us a private message on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

dcabush1234
Contributor
Contributor

I did receive "stamps" but because they were so inexpensive I took them to the Post Office to check if they were legitimate.  The Post Office said they were counterfeits.

Login to Me Too

Ranch007
Contributor
Contributor

Ordered, unfortunately, but did not receive shipment.  Non-receipt is the best way to open a dispute. You will need all the data from the "Activity" entry on your account. PayPal said to contact Manfan (from within the PayPal account) but I noticed that Manfan did not have an email nor a phone for checking on status. After bringing this to their attention,  PayPal did get one for me - however, when I did send the email it bounced back about 2/3 in Chinese characters, but it clearly stated "undeliverable".  Have advised Paypal they are doing business with an outfit with no valid contact information.  After all, they do require that we buyers have valid contact information.  Currently, awaiting a reply.  If the shipment is counterfeit and you did receive it, I would think that your recourse is through the security arm of the Postal Service.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.