blocking Roblox

ArleeStevens
New Community Member

Can I block a company from charging my Paypal account? Not a recurring auto payment but sporadic charges that my child makes when using one of my devices. Specifically Roblox. He'll rack up several $49.99 charges for Robux and neither Roblox nor Paypay will void/credit those charges at this point because it's happened too often. Suggestions please?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ArleeStevens 

Change your password and stop your child making the payments in the first place.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

camperdoodles
Contributor
Contributor

That person who replied stop your child from making payments obviously doesn't have a child 😕  M O R O N

There is no option to select this topic in messenger to PayPal so I am calling them. 

Login to Me Too

MW13MW
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happend to me, Paypal don’t care - I don’t use Paypal anymore
Login to Me Too

svf72
Contributor
Contributor

I honestly have to agree with the other person who called you a moron.  I've changed my password 5 times but my adhd child keeps changing the password on my computer and going behind my back.  Obviously all of us parents are telling our kids not to do it.  It all started with the Covid lockdowns and homeschooling which meant the kids had to do schoolwork online.  Now they're all gaming because of such a lot of computer use.  In australia we've had homeschooling for 6 months over the past 2 years.  This is why I'm trying to block roblox from my paypal account.  I've had my paypal account since 2006 and I'm fed up with having to update my passwords every month due to my daughters behaviour.  Hopefully we can start new medication for her adhd soon and it will help her behave better.

Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hello @svf72,

We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble with a billing agreement. Here's how to manage pre-approved payments. You should be able to cancel the billing agreement that is set up with Roblox. However, it would not prevent a new billing agreement from being set up at a later time. We know this doesn't solve the problem fully, but might help. 

Thanks!

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.