You can't use PayPal anymore - Business Account Blocked

AlenK1
Contributor
Contributor

So my account got blocked for no reason what so ever - I have a paypal account for my business that accepts online payments, I have reviewed the acceptable use cases and my business doesn't fall under any of the mentioned forbidden items, yet my account got perma blocked with no way to appeal. 

I talked to an agent and he was not able to give me any information as to why my account is limited and my funds are being held by PayPal for upto 180 days, this is unfair and I should at least have a reason as to why the account is limited, there was no chargebacks, there was very few refunds given back on behalf of customers requesting a refund as it's their right to do so - what can I do to get paypal to listen and manually review my business with humans instead of bots that falsly flag things? 

There has to be something to fight this, as this is a joke of a company that should not be able to operate like this - 

I had Stripe set up and went through the review process without a hitch and then PayPal decides to just pull the plug and block the account with ZERO explaination as to why, leaving me in the dark.

So if anyone has any solid info about this or how to gain attention of someone at PayPal who's actually able to listen for 2 seconds without saying "sorry nothing I can do" when clearly they can and there's video proof on youtube that people were able to get accounts recovered from this by having someone go through and review the business...

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

AlenK1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_Ayesha - Sadly that doesn't help at all but thank you for trying anyway. 

I would like to know what rules my business is breaking, if any and why multiple of my business accounts which are completely unrelated to one another got blocked including my own personal account which I had for years... 

Just to be clear, I have 3 businesses with 3 paypal business accounts as to not mix transactions between these for accounting reasons and I have 1 Personal account as per ToS. 

When the block happened, I got all 4 accounts blocked at the exact same time and 4 emails have been dispatched to me which is not something humans do and makes me believe this is work of PayPal bots flagging accounts based on some criteria but no one in PayPal wants to go through these to validate the reason for limitation. 

None of my websites fall into any illegal activities or forbidden activities mentioned on the PayPal's guidence page - 

None of my websites are scams or related to scams

None of my websites are illegal in any way

None of my websites have bad reputation, just providing a service that people need.

I am done with PayPal and I have found alternative payment solutions that work for me, so I don't need PayPal anymore - I just wish that I didn't build my business with PayPal in mind from start as it has cost me a lot to get it integrated with other Payment processors - Lesson learned on my end and this mistake will not happen again as I will never use PayPal for anything ever again. 

One thing is for sure, I should have believed the reviews that claimed PayPal is a big scam and now I am forced to believe it, so thank you for your time and good bye. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @AlenK1,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know that you can't use PayPal anymore. Handling with a limitation can be quite concerning. I recognize the importance of getting this taken care of. Account limitations are placed in situations where we see unusual or suspicious activity, or when we need to collect information necessary for keeping your account open. When we place a limitation, an email is sent to explain the reason for the limitation and what needs to be done to resolve the problem. In most cases, you can find options to resolve the limitation in the Resolution Center. If there are steps to complete in the Resolution Center, completing those fully as soon as possible to allow the review to occur is the best way to quickly resolve the issue. If there are no steps, it may be that the limitation is permanent. A permanent limitation is not something that PayPal does lightly, but mistakes may happen. If you think that there was a mistake, you may wish to contact Customer Service to ask for a second look. If you have already reached out to us, I apologize for the permanent limitation would not be changeable. To reach Customer Service, please click Contact at the bottom of your PayPal account to ensure that you get the contact information for your region or country. 

I hope this helps,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
Solved

AlenK1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_Ayesha - Sadly that doesn't help at all but thank you for trying anyway. 

I would like to know what rules my business is breaking, if any and why multiple of my business accounts which are completely unrelated to one another got blocked including my own personal account which I had for years... 

Just to be clear, I have 3 businesses with 3 paypal business accounts as to not mix transactions between these for accounting reasons and I have 1 Personal account as per ToS. 

When the block happened, I got all 4 accounts blocked at the exact same time and 4 emails have been dispatched to me which is not something humans do and makes me believe this is work of PayPal bots flagging accounts based on some criteria but no one in PayPal wants to go through these to validate the reason for limitation. 

None of my websites fall into any illegal activities or forbidden activities mentioned on the PayPal's guidence page - 

None of my websites are scams or related to scams

None of my websites are illegal in any way

None of my websites have bad reputation, just providing a service that people need.

I am done with PayPal and I have found alternative payment solutions that work for me, so I don't need PayPal anymore - I just wish that I didn't build my business with PayPal in mind from start as it has cost me a lot to get it integrated with other Payment processors - Lesson learned on my end and this mistake will not happen again as I will never use PayPal for anything ever again. 

One thing is for sure, I should have believed the reviews that claimed PayPal is a big scam and now I am forced to believe it, so thank you for your time and good bye. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AlenK1 

The number of accounts would lead to a permanent ban as you are only allowed x2 paypal accounts if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business,

If you have 2 or more of the same type you risk them all being limited. Paypal sometimes allow a 2nd business account but you have to get approval from customer services first.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JeremiahMcTotty
New Community Member
Check out your business rights. Depending on type of entity you will find help and resources to give you an idea of what you can do, where to send notices, and other remedial documents like court orders actions etc.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.