Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited - Scam company

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Like a lot of people on this forum, I have been the victim of the whole order then get a different cheaper item. I opened a dispute with the company because I never received the item. We went back and forth for 20 days and then paypal stated I had to escalate my claim or it would be closed. I did so. The item then came in the mail and was not even what I ordered. I let paypal know, and included pictures. Paypal stated I must return the item even though I was sent the wrong one. That would be fine except the cost to send this back to China is huge and currently the post office says they cant accept packages to China because of the virus. I feel the company should have to pay return postage since it was their mistake, or resend the correct item. Now that paypal has stated I must return the item, I can no longer write anything on my claim, only the return tracking number. My text messages to paypal go unanswered. This company from China is one of many doing this while bait and switch thing. But from what I can see, paypal does NOT protect the customer, and is actually encouraging companies to continue this fraudulent practice by letting their practices continue. I mean I was shocked how many people have left posts here and yet Paypal ignores what is happening. In a previous post, someone had given some links to places we can lodge a complaint. Maybe the FTC?  Can someone send me that link again please?  and any other place where I can lodge a complaint?

thanks

Login to Me Too
230 REPLIES 230

GemarP
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me too. This company is a scam and PayPal ruled in their favor because I wouldn't pay to return the wrong item. Shame on PayPal for not protecting the buyers.

Login to Me Too

Ohem1
Contributor
Contributor
Keep trying..I finally got a refund!
Login to Me Too

NikolaT
Contributor
Contributor

I also got taken by these dirt bags! PayPal just refused my refund!!

I'm considering cancelling my PayPal account... if they know this company is fraudulent... how can they refuse my refund?
I didn't know the vendor was a scammer... maybe PAYPAL should have interrupted the transaction knowing there were so many issues.

I am considering reaching out to the State's Attorney's Office near PayPal to make a formal complaint.
Sounds like there needs to be some legal action taken!!!

Login to Me Too

DeLaBroquerie
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Anti-Fraud Center with the RCMP here in Canada. Seriously considering a class-action lawsuit against PayPal for allowing this to happen!
Login to Me Too

Ohem1
Contributor
Contributor
Well, it took me weeks of complaining to pay pal. But I finally got them to refund me I’m full! Every single time I sent in a message I explained to them What happened, and that I wanted to speak to their fraud department, or that I wanted the fraud department to contact me. They kept telling me that their wasn’t anyone in the fraud department because of Covid. They kept telling me they couldn’t force a vendor to pay for the return shipping on their “bait and switch” item and they were very sorry, and I said I shouldn’t have to pay for their “mistake”! I told them I was going to report them to the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) not sure of this helped or not. I also told them an investigation needed to be conducted on this “company” because their are complaints about them all over their message boards! Keep trying people. Keep messaging them even if your case is closed! (Mine was!) The squeaky wheel gets the oil!!
Login to Me Too

vicky1963
Contributor
Contributor

We have also been scammed by this company. We ordered a dog paw pool but received a portable drinking bowl.

Currently have a compliant in resolution center  since beginning of August 2020 which still has not been resolved.

{Paypal keep putting back the resolution date)

I feel that Paypal is not providing any backup and could not carfeless for our interests.

I intend to close the account.

Vicky1963

Login to Me Too

NikolaT
Contributor
Contributor

So just an update, PayPal offered me a "partial refund" on behalf of the scam artists...
I told them I want my ENTIRE REFUND!!

Why should I have to bargain with SCAMMERS?????
I gave PayPal 10 business days to give me my full refund otherwise I am going to turn this into a MEDIA CIRCUS...

They had the audacity to write me today and tell me to contact my local law enforcement and file a "police report".

Really??? THEY ARE A LITTLE BUSY YOU IMBECILES!!!!

What scum bags!!! I can't believe my eyes!!! I am so fricken FURIOUS!!!

I have a better way to spend my time, I'm going to write my local news channel and report that PayPal is protecting SCAM ARTISTS from "CHINA".
Up yours PayPal! UP YOURS!!!

Login to Me Too

Brainmouse
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there. I had the exact same problem. I ordered a $15 Nuclear Lamp, and got a $0.50 unicorn toy.

Thought it would be easy to resolve -- this is obviously fraud, right? Paypal is pretty useless; they put up a lot of beaucratic layers to prevent payout. I could let this drop,  but I am interested to see where this will end up . So far, I've concluded that Paypal customer service is as useless as two **bleep** on a bull. They are really, really terrible, and their promise to protect buyers is pretty flimsy, if not non-existent.

After weeks of going back and forth and providing evidence to Paypal, they concluded that to get my money back I would have to return the unicorn toy to China. (I even filed a criminal complaint, at Paypal's request, to keep the case open.) DHL estimate for shipping was around $95, and the return condition was the item needed to be in "saleable" condition as confirmed by the Seller (!). Obviously the conditions are unreasonable. If I bought a computer off ebay, and the package that arrived was filled with bricks (but no computer), I don't think anyone would argue that the seller was engaging in mail fraud, we'd involve the police and that would be it. I don't think I would be required to ship the bricks back to the seller to get a refund.

So if Paypal won't stand by their stated promise to protect the consumer in cases when items aren't as described, what to do? It seems like there are a lot of people running into the same issue -- Paypal is not protecting them. I discovered that there is a startup robolawyer service that allows people who have been targeted by fraudulent activity to sue companies in small claims court for minimal cost.  I am considering filing against Paypal for a failure to stand by their Buyer Guarantee in my case, where there is obvious fraud and the company does. Haven't used them, but it looks like they handle all of the initial work, up to appearing in small claims court, for free: https://fairshake.com/paypal/how-to-sue/

(I have no affiliation with fairshake, but I hope that people who see this post who have been **bleep** over will use this service and file in small claims court. If Paypal is hit by a flurry of small claims court filings, maybe that will make Paypal take notice and change how they deal with cases like this.)

Login to Me Too

NikolaT
Contributor
Contributor

So PayPal told me to go pound sand... in their terms, the product I got was "close enough" not to issue a refund.

I ordered the two nuclear lamps for $39.00, they sent me two plastic night lights that were like $ .50 cents a piece.

Here is what they said:

Hello,
We received the case(s) you filed on July 19, 2020.
We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). This decision was made because if an item is materially similar to the seller's description, we do not consider it to be significantly not as described.
We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s).

It's okay, they can keep my money. I don't have time to play games. I've jumped through all the hoops I am going to at this point even to the extent of bothering the police to "create a police report".
I even went along with all of their stupid requests and these dirt bags still **bleep** me.

So, it's really down to principle at this point. I am going to keep posting how PayPal sides with scammers on Twitter, I'm going to keep posting to Facebook. I may even take out Ads on Facebook recommending people don't trust PayPal and show them this thread.
Like I said, it's principle now.

Oh, I"m also going to talk to a few attorneys to see if any want to pick up a "class action" suit against PayPal for refusing to acknowledge they are aiding scam artists and not protecting their customers. I'll keep everyone posted!

PS. If you have a cash balance in PayPal, I highly suggest you remove it. PayPal can't be trusted in my opinion.

Login to Me Too

Ohem1
Contributor
Contributor
Keep trying! They finally refunded me for the same..I ordered a pool and got a water dish!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.