Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited - Scam company

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Like a lot of people on this forum, I have been the victim of the whole order then get a different cheaper item. I opened a dispute with the company because I never received the item. We went back and forth for 20 days and then paypal stated I had to escalate my claim or it would be closed. I did so. The item then came in the mail and was not even what I ordered. I let paypal know, and included pictures. Paypal stated I must return the item even though I was sent the wrong one. That would be fine except the cost to send this back to China is huge and currently the post office says they cant accept packages to China because of the virus. I feel the company should have to pay return postage since it was their mistake, or resend the correct item. Now that paypal has stated I must return the item, I can no longer write anything on my claim, only the return tracking number. My text messages to paypal go unanswered. This company from China is one of many doing this while bait and switch thing. But from what I can see, paypal does NOT protect the customer, and is actually encouraging companies to continue this fraudulent practice by letting their practices continue. I mean I was shocked how many people have left posts here and yet Paypal ignores what is happening. In a previous post, someone had given some links to places we can lodge a complaint. Maybe the FTC?  Can someone send me that link again please?  and any other place where I can lodge a complaint?

thanks

Login to Me Too
230 REPLIES 230

PJamG
New Community Member

hello,

Did the original correspondence with the supplier use a Gmail Email? I am just curious as there are hundreds of third party E-commerce trading and selling out of China. I am dealing with an issue myself and its clear that the 'middle man' doesn't know where my purchase is. For a start, Gmail is not allowed in China. Having worked and sourced products for automotive in China for many years, I know Chinese suppliers to be honest and helpful but these E-commerce companies pushing out their products are terrible, deceitful, and ofter untraceable and unaccountable. 

Login to Me Too

vicky1963
Contributor
Contributor

Hi  I cannot answer your question. however, the situation with my dispute has still not been settled by Paypal.

What I can say is that my Credit Card Provider has reimbursed me.

Paypal is useless. I started the dispute in July and it still not resolved.

With this particular company who do not supply the correct goods, Paypal's view is that they should be fair to the Purchaser and the Seller when i my view they should be supporting the purchaser from a disreputable Chinese company .

I am expecting a resolution any time and there is a very great chance that they will side with the seller.

Once it is resolved I will be cancelling my account

Login to Me Too

Jenn1417
New Community Member
I am just about to start a dispute with this company as well. Because I paid through PayPal, I'm having a hard time even finding the real company to email but am going to work on it today. I don't understand if they have all these complaints, why is PayPal still allowing them to rip people off?
Login to Me Too

Jmoreno21
Contributor
Contributor
Because PayPal doesn't care. They make a lot of money off the transactions and have no real incentive to back buyers. Fraudulent Chinese companies have flooded Amazon, Facebook, and Google with their ads. My solution has been to avoid purchasing from online Chinese companies altogether. It's a shame for the reputable Chinese companies. Good luck with your case.
Login to Me Too

Hooey
New Community Member
I had same experience. Deceptive advertisement, Incomplete order, and I have to return to CHINA!
Login to Me Too

Forgiven-1
New Community Member

I just went through a long process related to this company. I ordered a lighted bike helmet. After an overly extended period of time during which I was checking with the company on the status of the order, what I got was a cloth baseball cap. After initial contact with the company, I contacted PayPal. The speed of the process was painfully slow. Initially I was offered something like $4.00 out of a $24.97 expenditure for junk. I refused that offer and pointed to this thread as evidence that this was not an isolated instance of grabbing the wrong product off the shelf and shipping it, but a pattern showing that this is the company's business model: bait and switch scam. The final step, after months of waiting and providing information, etc., was that PayPal requested that I file a complaint with  IC3.gov (Internet Crime Complaint Center) and provide PayPal a copy. About a week after doing so, my PayPal complaint was resolved in my favor. My guess is that PayPal is hoping to bring appropriate legal pressure to bear on this company and this type of scam. 

Login to Me Too

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for sharing your story with us. So glad it finally got resolved in your favor. And thanks for sharing that website name too. I may file a complaint with them as well. I am the one who started this thread because of my difficulty with the company. I was able to get PayPal to finally rule in my favor but I was shocked to see so many reply to this thread with the same problem. Glad to see there are ways to take action. Thanks again Amy
Login to Me Too

marette

YEP...I ordered an ethereal drum - including drumsticks...received two lead pencil sized sticks topped with tiny rubber balls.

I opened a Paypal dispute case, explained the issue and waited.

The 'company' sent me a message advising they could no longer supply the product at 'that' cheap price ( blah, blah blah... virus...China......lack of supply etc)...BUT, they offered me a 10% refund.

Next thing ...Paypal advised me that my dispute and claim had failed.

A few days ago - I received a message from Paypal that they had revised the claim and I would get a 100% refund when I send the two sticks back.....haaaaa

The two pencils cost me around $32USD, and as you say, if I was to return them to the big warehouse from whence they came....along with insurance and registration to ensure they were not 'lost' in transit or arrival.....NO WAY would I get a FULL refund.

In the end, they win....but I ordered same item from someone else and the drum, along with a pair of very impressive sticks, carry bag & music book arrived in quick time. The Karma wagon is strong ..wink, wink.

Login to Me Too

Daryl15
Contributor
Contributor

I have also been sent a product which in no way resembles the product purchased. They want me to send the product to China for $23 postage and tracking. That means by the time I pay for the postage here and back it will have cost me $34 for nothing. In the Paypal resolution screen there is no way to contact them once they have told you to send the parcel back so I have emailed the virtual assistant to see what happens.

Login to Me Too

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I found that was the case too. That I couldn’t contact them in that way. So what I did, was select the chat feature. If you go back and read through these threads, I give steps on how to do that. Because I had to wait a long time to get a chat agent, I went ahead and typed put my problem. The chat agent ended up being available hours later when I was asleep but because I had typed out the issue, they eventually ruled in my favor and refunded my money. I thought there was a new way to file a claim where the item you receive is very different from what you ordered?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.