Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited - Scam company

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Like a lot of people on this forum, I have been the victim of the whole order then get a different cheaper item. I opened a dispute with the company because I never received the item. We went back and forth for 20 days and then paypal stated I had to escalate my claim or it would be closed. I did so. The item then came in the mail and was not even what I ordered. I let paypal know, and included pictures. Paypal stated I must return the item even though I was sent the wrong one. That would be fine except the cost to send this back to China is huge and currently the post office says they cant accept packages to China because of the virus. I feel the company should have to pay return postage since it was their mistake, or resend the correct item. Now that paypal has stated I must return the item, I can no longer write anything on my claim, only the return tracking number. My text messages to paypal go unanswered. This company from China is one of many doing this while bait and switch thing. But from what I can see, paypal does NOT protect the customer, and is actually encouraging companies to continue this fraudulent practice by letting their practices continue. I mean I was shocked how many people have left posts here and yet Paypal ignores what is happening. In a previous post, someone had given some links to places we can lodge a complaint. Maybe the FTC?  Can someone send me that link again please?  and any other place where I can lodge a complaint?

thanks

Login to Me Too
230 REPLIES 230

worldtriad
Contributor
Contributor

Do not give up. The stupid company went back and forth with me, offered me partial refunds; and keep the product. My reply was the same, want my money back, and if they wanted their product back, send me a pre-paid shipping label, and it went on like that. I escalated it as best I could, and finally I got my refund. 

Login to Me Too

terrilonghorn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, many thanks for your reply and encouragement, I have already sent it back today, but I am doing as Pay pal are instructing me to do, and they have said I can apply for "Request a refund on return shipping" so that will help with the cost to return, so despite the scam I hope to get a full refund, but when I have that I will not stop there, I will do my best to alert some people to what is going on kindest regards T x

Login to Me Too

rgrspoole

Dealing with this fraudulent  company now.  Same issue.

Login to Me Too

Neil1064
Contributor
Contributor

I can't believe this company is still trading and conning people out of their money. I had the misfortune of falling for one of their scams last year, all seemed legit and backed by the Paypal buyer protection on their advert, don't be fooled people they're obviously still  up to their conning/scamming tricks. 

I too had to return the item to China before Paypal did anything about, but to be fair they did refund my return postage and refund my original payment, so just persevere and don't give up.

Item got returned to me eventually as they couldn't deliver to the return address.

If it seems to good to be true or a really cheap price i would avoid it at all costs.

Login to Me Too

wyjrca
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately I wasn’t as lucky. I followed the exact process as you but PayPal refused my claim and advised I contact a whole host of people, including the Police 🤣. I’ll no longer use my PayPal accountant and do absolutely everything I can to avoid purchasing anything sold or manufactured in China.
Login to Me Too

LinK29
Contributor
Contributor

Wow. These are some discouraging postings. I got caught in two very similar situations. Last spring I ordered a lot of clothing online that was really beautiful and that I looked forward to getting. It was not cheap but not crazy expensive either. When I got it the designs - Van Gough paintings in beautiful colors - were fairly close to what had been advertised but the fabrics were all wrong, the styles were not as advertised and across the board they were a disappointment. I decided to keep one shirt and one pair of jeans (the other pants I ordered were a joke) and dutifully emailed the company on its website notifying them  that I wanted to return the clothes but needed their address so I could do that. Well, you all know what happens next - the eternal runaround of bs messages delaying and never giving me the address and offering me far less than what I paid to just keep everything and not go any further. I said not on your life and finally got disgusted and contacted PayPal, especially because the window for returns had closed of course but they had made it impossible for me to meet it with no address. I asked PP to get the address for me and initiated a complaint. I'll skip all that went on but in the end PP did get me a full refund but I did have to send the stuff back which I did because the situation wasn't quite as egregious as the Xingyao situation, and I did get the $30 back, plus for whatever reason the amount that PP got as a  refund was more than what I had paid for what I returned so I came out fairly well not losing too much money and it was my choice to return some of the stuff I could have kept.

But then I managed to fall for another scam (DUH) from a company advertising Birkenstock shoes on sale. They were pretty cheap but not so cheap that it was beyond belief that it could be legit so I went ahead and ordered several pairs to the tune of over $100. Talk about a bait and switch. When they came they were total stinky ugly knock-offs total garbage  that didn't remotely bear any resemblance to anything like a Birkenstock . How do they think they can even get away with this? No return address, no way to contact them.  Give me a break. I emailed them immediately and got the same old bs of course offering me  a partial refund etc etc. I said the same thing as all of you - no way I'm paying return postage since this was a deliberate attempt to rip me off not a mistake and certainly not MY mistake. I also told them I was going to report them to the USPS for mail fraud because they sent this crap through the USPS disguising the fact that it came from China with a return address in California that turned out to be a mail contractor, and I was also going to report them to every other agency in the US that dealt with this kind of fraud. And I filed my complaint with PP. I went straight to talking to an agent, and told him I  did not want to have to pay the return postage for the reasons that everyone says. He told me about the $30    thing and I said, yeah, sorry, not enough - sending this stuff to China costs a whole lot more than that and in the end it will cost more than I paid for the shoes in the first place.

Then he told me I should put on the return  label "Returned cargo" and that would exempt me from paying the taxes which would bring down the cost of shipping and by the end of the conversation he committed PP to paying whatever the difference was between the $30 I would get from the returns program and the full cost so that I wouldn't have to pay anything for the return shipping. I said that worked for me. After that I got an email that they had reviewed the case and were refunding me the full amount of my purchase which would be effective when they received the tracking number from my shipping label. I used the same company I used last time called Easy Ship and by putting in Returned Cargo in the tax id box the total cost was ridiculously low even with the insurance - it came out to  $34.10. And I'm going to get all of that back. 

My point in telling you all this story is to emphasize how important it is to not let PP off the hook and be bloody persistent with them because when I've talked to actual agents they have been decent. Or maybe I've just been lucky.  I agree with every single person who asks why PP continues to do business with these obvious scammers and it seems to me the only way to get them to stop is to stay on their tails and keep forcing them to refund everyone's money until it just gets too expensive to keep doing business with them. Because I'd be surprised if they're getting a dime back from the Chinese, frankly. And by the way, I called the FBI about reporting this, and they referred me to the Federal Trade Commission where I filed a complaint where you won't individually get your money back but where they can go after the scammers, and I'm also going to followup with the US Postmaster which he told me to do and also the Federal Consumer Protection Agency which also handles this. I want to go after their **bleep** every way I can. I saw other reviews on line where the exact same thing as happened to me with these shoes happened to others who just felt like they had to suck it up. Especially since the last time I checked "Fashion fcu" the entity from which I ordered the shoes had disappeared completely from the web - website completely gone, Facebook gone, all mention or link to them completely scrubbed out of existence.  I hope I've learned my lesson about ever ordering off the web again although a few years ago I ordered some shoes and boots and they came exactly as ordered and were beautiful which probably led me to let down my guard.  But never again.

It is really disappointing to hear everyone's bad experiences with PayPal because I use them  precisely because I trust(ed?) them to have my back on purchases and they haven't let me down so far. Of courses I do have to overlook the fact that the interest rate on their credit is obscene and the guy who owns them is a Trump die-hard, but other than that .... I didn't read all the way to the end of the posts so I hope that at least some of you finally got some satisfaction and help and I'm so sorry  you ended up getting so ripped off and suffering all this first from the scammers and then from PP.

Login to Me Too

Janemaree

Never even received my item, nor would PayPal refund.

lesson learnt.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adam1

Hi, thanks for posting in our Community! I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble with a purchase. The decision made at the conclusion of a claim is usually final. It can only be appealed if new information is presented. If you do have new information, we'd be happy to look at it. Please use the 'Contact' link to connect with us, so we can assist you further.

Login to Me Too

mdlander
Contributor
Contributor
what a load of utter crap! I shared tons of ‘evidence’ with you re how I was click-baited; you couldn’t have been less interested, sending me round in circles until I gave up. You know about these scamming merchants, yet you do nothing.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adam1

Hi, thanks for posting in our Community! I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with the outcome of your claim. Not as described claims are tricky because PayPal is not able to see the condition of the item when it is shipped out or received by the buyer. If the buyer informs us that there is an issue with the item upon receipt, then we will allow the opportunity for the buyer and seller to come to an agreement through the dispute process. If both parties are not able to reach an amicable solution, then the dispute may be escalated for PayPal to make a final decision. In most cases when this happens, we will have the item returned to the seller for a full refund. If the item is not returned, or we do not receive information we request in a timely manner, we are unable to provide a refund, regrettably. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.