Why was my account permanently limited no reason provided

temp20220205
New Community Member

I do not have a business I only use PayPal to pay for personal purchases. PayPal permanently limited my account and the reason they gave me was because I failed to meet our agreement? I have tried to find out specifically what I did wrong so that I can either fix it or make sure that I am the responsible one that made the error. I can’t seem to find anyone to speak to in customer service. I appreciate your feedback

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

Arjogezh
Contributor
Contributor
Just had the same problem let me know please!
Login to Me Too

Muhammad-Anis
New Community Member

Have the same issue, no reason provided for account limitation, I didn't commit any violation. 

Login to Me Too

RaffiS
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue and so far their only response is nothing in your account should of caused this to happen but we will  not remove the limit for any reason. Unfortunately PayPal has failed tremendously to remain a trustworthy and useful service due to this. Hopefully some exposure on this will get PayPal to rethink flawed policies like this.

Login to Me Too

Maxine6
Contributor
Contributor
I am having the same problem no chat no response
Login to Me Too

Wabbit4tle
New Community Member
Mine also and there was a charge that was declined that I never made. With so many things Paypal is only option and I've done nothing that warrants permanently shutting my acct. down. Can't get ahold of anyone to assist me with this
Login to Me Too

Rince-UK
New Community Member

I have also just had this same issue. My account has been limited and now set to be closed yet when I call, they say there is nothing that should cause this, so they send it to the back office, but nothing changes. I have uploaded loads of information as well.

Login to Me Too

IkeEisen
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! What information have you uploaded?
Login to Me Too

graft
New Community Member
I do not know what is ths issue with this paypal limiting also my account, I even seldom my account, I only use it to make payment for online store.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Everyone,

Thank you for posting on PayPal Community Forum! I am sorry to know about the account limitation. Limitations are placed in situations where we see unusual or suspicious activity, or when we need to collect information necessary for keeping your account open. When we place a limitation, an email is sent to explain the reason for the limitation and what needs to be done to resolve the problem. In most cases, you can find options to resolve the limitation in the Resolution Center. If you've already checked the Resolution Center and still need help, please reach out to our customer support team through the available options on our website so that our advisors can help you accordingly.

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.