Scammed by a Chinese seller on Facebook

bexwell
Contributor
Contributor

I saw an advert on Facebook for a self solving Rubiks Cube complete with video of said cube in action, I thought it would make a great present so ordered one, it took about a month to come and when it did it was just a normal Rubiks cube although it had one face with 3 coloured squares missing and a number of squares that were the same as other faces, I immediately went to Paypal and started a dispute, eventually the seller replied, Paypal have now said I have to return the item to the seller via registered post and send them details. No doubt this will cost me more than I originally paid for the cube so I either throw good money after bad or forget about it and the seller gets to keep my money. I didn't ask for a Rubiks cube so shouldn't have to return it. I can't be the only person that's been scammed like this so Paypal must be able to see this

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

madan8621

Same happened with me

I came across this Chinese shopping website through Facebook ads selling gaming chairs with a 90% discount. I ordered it thinking it has buyer protection with Paypal

This was the Website URL, which is currently not working
https://www.thezipper.store/products/ergonomic-gaming-chair-with-footrest

After a few days, they sent a piece of cloth. I raised a dispute in PayPal resolution center and now Paypal is asking me to return the product to an address mentioned in the Chinese language (I doubt its a fake address), also I have to bear the cost of returning the parcel which will be equivalent to the price I paid earlier for shipping. And even if I return the product, I am not guaranteed of refund. This is a total scam and Paypal's process is biased with that scamster.

Spoiler

Login to Me Too

JustLacie
New Community Member
I also was scammed on fb by a China vendor this past February. The fb page showed American families crafting deco mesh Easter wreaths. The images were cute so i decided to make a purchase. Well, 2 weeks before Easter I still had not received my order. Tried to contact the seller but was unable to bc the fb page no longer existed! Contacted PayPal for a dispute and my claim was denied bc the vendor said it was delivered to me on March 18 which was a complete lie. I received the wreath the week after Easter but it looked nothing like it was pictured on fb. The wreath was very poorly made something I wouldn’t have paid $5 but I gullibly paid $50 for a poorly made wreath that arrived a week after the holiday it was bought for. PayPal I am VERY DISAPPOINTED in your customer service!
Login to Me Too

ca_mouse
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here... They sent me a tiny earbud zipper case and are holding the refund until received at a Chinese address, even though it was shipped in Chino, CA, USA. I've raised the ridiculous request with PayPal and am still waiting for their response. I even spent just under 4 hours on hold with PayPal only to get disconnected.

Login to Me Too

jb1995
Contributor
Contributor

I realized it was a scam the same day I paid for it on Paypal so tried to stop it literally within the same hour and Paypal did nothing. They are part of this scam and should be help liable along with Facebook.  How is it possible that a customer requests a transaction to be cancelled within 60 minutes of being processed and is told that the transaction was approved  ?????? By who ?  Paypal doesnt care and just wants their fee, thats all that matters to them

Login to Me Too

ca_mouse
Contributor
Contributor

I finally got someone at PayPal to look at the ridiculous terms of the seller and was told they were being blocked from using PayPal, despite the fact that the email address used for the 'Company' changed every time you placed an order or attempted to contact them. I was finally given a credit for my purchase amount, but it had to be used in a particular way and within a small time frame. This is absolutely on FB and PayPal. FB doesn't even respond to emails notifying them of the fraudulent sellers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.