Scam logging in codes?

VenomSteve
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - I keep getting asked for a conformation code, six digits, each and every time I log in, in the UK. Never used to happen. Firstly they came via a 67975 number before changing to 62226. I logged into here and the code came via the first number. Am I being scammed? I changed my password but still have to get a conformation code each and every time. I haven't noticed any suspicious activity, yet, but it's worrying. What do I need to do? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VenomSteve 

Paypal are using mobile phones and sending 6 digit number codes for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

VenomSteve
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I get that but are the numbers genuine? I get them on 62226 and recently on 67975. Book texts look the same, with just a short message and the 6 figure code to enter into the boxes provided, and then I get into my account. I was just wondering why there's two different text numbers? 

Login to Me Too

Frankers1960
New Community Member
Exactly the same thing has been happening to me today. Are they both legitimate PayPal numbers ?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.