Resolution Center

speedbugy
Contributor
Contributor

I am not very impressed with PayPal right now, especially their resolution center. I ordered an item, waited, no email from seller for weeks. They gave me a shipping number. The item was never shipped after weeks. I contacted the resolution center, and filed a claim. They sent me an email with a different shipping/tracking number from the seller. Waited weeks more. I got a 5.00 item instead of the 99.95 item I ordered. I sent PayPal all the info with pictures when I files the claim.  Now, PayPal sent me an email to send the item back. I have to pay shipping cost to HK for an item I wasn't sent. I do not understand why I have to pay shipping and not be refunded when it will cost more than the 30.00 they may give me back. I still have to pay interest on my PayPal account while I wait 30 - 60 days for a refund. I been a PayPal member for a long time. I think this transaction will be the one that closes my account. This is not fair knowing I was screwd by the seller. I will never buy again from an overseas seller, and you can thanks Royput Technology Co. for that.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @speedbugy,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty that you've had with this purchase. Since an item was received, the path to resolution lies in the return of the item. This is the same regardless of the cost of the item. the Return Shipping on Us program does help offset the cost of the return, but in some situations, there still may be some loss. I regret that you've had this experience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

speedbugy
Contributor
Contributor
I did not receive an item from the original tracking number. The company gave PayPal a different tracking number after they were contacted by the resolution center, so therefore, I did not receive any item from the original number they told me it was shipped under. I buy a lot of stuff with PayPal, but I think this has done me in after I pay my account out.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @speedbugy,

It sounds as if the seller updated their tracking. That can happen if the original tracking was incorrectly entered or a label was misprinted. If the seller provided corrected tracking during the dispute process, that tracking would be used for the purposes of identifying that an item was received. Since an item was eventually received, the appropriate type of case as a Significantly Not As Described case, which it sounds like it was changed to.

I hope this helps clarify.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

speedbugy
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for reply. I see that I am the little guy here and will just have to wait to see what happens. I don't feel I am being treated fairly. I waited 3 weeks before contacting PayPal because the tracking site from the seller showed the order processing. They only issued a new tracking number after being contacted by PayPal. The reviews on the company I purchased from has many complaints with the same issue. They still sell on Facebook, and many people say they have been scammed. There are many post on this site also saying the same. Why does PayPal even let this happen. A company should be barred after the first complaint from anyone until the complaint is resolved. Now this is costing me money, and a lot of time, plus paying interest on the purchase. Thanks !
Login to Me Too

Papa66-1
New Community Member
I've got the same problem with a Facebook seller. Was getting ready to file a complaint but it sounds like I'll be wasting my time. I'll chaulk it up as a $110 loss and a lesson not to buy from fraudulent sellers on Facebook and not use PayPal but switch to my bank card.
Login to Me Too

nb2d
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar issue.  However, I never received the product.  The shipper submitted to Paypal a different tracking number after I filed a refund request.  This is BS.  All want is the product I ordered or a refund.

Login to Me Too

temp20200831b
Contributor
Contributor
I am coming to the conclusion that Pay Pal cares little for their buyers. I have learned a hard lesson about ordering anything from Social Media ads. I have also learned about the scam that is happening from Hong Kong sellers. They copy pictures of legitimate goods and advertise them for sale. What you get is either nothing or ca heap knock off. Then when you object, the seller offers a small refund and encourages you to keep the inferior product rather than return it for a refund. The shipping costs are very high. My bank has represented me to get refunds. Buyers beware.
Login to Me Too

nb2d
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar experience with a Chinese company.  Took 4 months to receive the order.  Was not what it was advertised to be.  I filed a request with Paypal for a refund after waiting for 3 months.  The company was able to fake a delivery confirmation that Paypal used to deny my claim.  A month later a product showed up and that was significantly different than what was advertised.  Paypal had closed the dispute after refusing the refund request and I could not open up another dispute for the difference in the product received versus what had been advertised.  Lesson learned.  "Buyer Beware".

Login to Me Too

Papawinton
Contributor
Contributor
Similar issue ordered from a company with and advert on Instagram. Received an item grossly different from the description. Logged a dispute with PayPal who after several weeks told me to return the item. I used the return address on the packaging and provided a photo of the return address and full tracking details. PayPal have declined the claim as item couldn’t be tracked. I feel totally let down by PayPal who have facilitated a scam website to make money out of Buyers. PayPal buyer protection is a joke. If I had paid by my credit card I’d have the money back the first week I raised the claim. 2months after raising the claim PayPal close the case . Buyers beware PayPal offers you NO protection. Disgusting service
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.