Permantly limited. What happens to my crypto? I have a lot.

Holly26socal
Contributor
Contributor
For unspecified reason my account has been permanently limited. Ive used this account since 2004. I have crypto and in fact had just transferred an amount last week. Obviously no answers except she would send it for review.....so angry and confused. 20yrs man wow.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @Holly26socal 

Yes! The crypto will remain as same and the eligibility to transfer the crypto from your PayPal account will be notified to you after 180 days via email. 

Regards,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Holly26socal 

Welcome to the PayPal Community and thanks for posting here!

Sorry to hear about your PayPal account being limited permanently. PayPal internal system often reviews accounts for the safety and security of the network, which may lead to limitation in your account. Depending on what the system found during the review, your account may be placed under permanent limitations. Any balance in the account will be held for up to 180 days to minimize any potential risk of loss due to disputes or chargebacks that may be filed during that period. After 180 days, you’ll be notified of your ability to withdraw the balance. 

PayPal always notifies the details and the reason of the limitations via email. I would suggest you to review the email you received about the limitations placed in your account. You can also reach out to the PayPal Support team for a second look on the limitations. You can find the options to contact the PayPal team here : How do I contact PayPal customer service?

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Holly26socal
Contributor
Contributor
Can I transfer the crypto to another wallet? They can't force a sale can they. Do I get to extract it as crypto not cash?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @Holly26socal 

I see you're looking to transfer Crypto from your PayPal account to another account. Account Limitations prevent you from completing certain actions with your account, such as withdrawing, sending, or receiving money. You cannot make any transactions/transfers from your limited account. For more information, please review the terms and conditions of the PayPal User Agreement, click Legal Agreements at the bottom of any PayPal page, then click PayPal User Agreement.

Hope this information helps you,

Bindu

Login to Me Too

Holly26socal
Contributor
Contributor
I mean how is my crypto transfered after 180 days? Does it remain crypto?
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @Holly26socal 

Yes! The crypto will remain as same and the eligibility to transfer the crypto from your PayPal account will be notified to you after 180 days via email. 

Regards,

Bindu

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.