Permanent BAN / limited account.

ycharb
Contributor
Contributor

Got a permanent ban / limitation and account blocked or terminated without any good reasons..

I've had an account for YEARS, in good standing,etc. Never had a problem.

I've sent quite a bit of money back in late 2017 to a few people for a project.

They sent me that thorough identity confirmation process to keep going.

Submitted all documents, all were accepted, except the proof of identity was rejected multiple times.

The document they ask doesn't exist with the date of birth on it, in Quebec, Canada.

And I believe some other people around the world have been having trouble with this process as well.

After trying to contact them by e-mail, without any responses, I called.

They said that my account was terminated.

I asked to get access to my money in the account and I got it transfered to my bank not long after, no problem there.

I also asked what I need to do to keep using PayPal.

"I have to create a new account?" The girl on the phone said yes.

I did, now this account not long after sending and receiving some money, got permanently limited.

I cannot use PayPal anymore, ever, for the rest of my life.

I called twice so far.. no specific reason given, other than "business decision".

People on the phone being rude. Unheplful.

I feel like I'm being treated as a criminal or a scammer?

PayPal is just a great service and useful. And I need it to receive money for business and personal matters.

What have you become?

All this process was caused ENTERILY by PayPal itself, revoking access to some people, almost at random, to their services.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here.

I don't know if anyone got out of this mess and had success getting access to their service again.

Please. Help.

Login to Me Too
211 REPLIES 211

Gaussman
Contributor
Contributor

Wow  a lot of people affected by this Paypal account freeze/seizure.

Login to Me Too

Jude38
Contributor
Contributor

it happened to me and I've never even used paypal before i got it years ago in the event that i needed then the other day i did and was welcomed with a temporary limitation which i assumed was due to inactivity so i followed the steps to get my account back and then out of the blue today i was struck with a permanent ban for no real reason.

Login to Me Too

DebbieK3
Contributor
Contributor

This just happened to me!  For no apparent reason!  I've had my PayPal account for over 10 years without problems!  Then a few days ago, I was locked out permanently!  I am in shock.  I just started using this account to do business as a contractor on UpWork and Freelancer and now I cannot get paid using PayPal!  

After being on hold or waiting for a call back for hours, they all say the same thing-I am permanently banned, I can never use PayPal again, I violated the agreement and they DO NOT have to tell me why and then hang up!

I am SO confused and shocked and disappointed.  Can ANYONE HELP resolve this?!  Has anyone gotten this resolved or gotten any answers???  

Login to Me Too

Calavera2022
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Debbie. You can try asking them on Twitter but you will most likely get the same response we all get. 

Calavera2022_0-1652123201554.png

Login to Me Too

DebbieK3
Contributor
Contributor
Yep I got the same response. They refused to tell me why or what happened!
Login to Me Too

Gaussman
Contributor
Contributor

Welcome to the  'banned' club...  You are by far not alone.  

I was permanently banned almost 1 year ago for what I think was.. totally secure transaction on ebay  where I purchases electronics from China.

Account was permanently disabled for an apparent  breach of paypal agreement.   I called  support 3-4 times and they couldn't do anything. All they say -

'unfortunately we're parting ways'  and there's nothing they (nor I)  can do.   I didn't have much money luckily in paypal, so Paypal is of NO USE for me, since  ebay  not tied to it anymore.  I think its just a way for paypal to weed out  non-moneymaking accounts...

Login to Me Too

ingochrist
Contributor
Contributor
It gets worse from here, they continue having access to your accounts, the ones you listed. If they feel like it they can clean out your accounts. I am using my lawyer trying to remove access to my account. They are too powerful and congress needs to look at these tactics.
Login to Me Too

Calavera2022
Contributor
Contributor

Is there anyway possible to have them remove your accounts/card info? 

Login to Me Too

DebbieK3
Contributor
Contributor
Nope. I can’t do anything on my account. It is locked for 180 days supposedly….
Login to Me Too

ingochrist
Contributor
Contributor
I sent several letters requesting it. Now I am closing these accounts instead. I am charging PayPal for it and sue them for the cost of moving my business account. Cost is high, since I am contacting all my clients. About 1500 work hours. Just to share my story.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.