Paypal has closed my account and says i cannot have my balance for 180 days!!!

kellyj67

I have money in my PayPal account and they have closed my account..How can they just keep my money?? PayPal says I cannot transfer my money

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kellyj67 

When PayPal decides to permanently limit an account, their procedure is to hold the money for 180 days, in case someone disputes a payment to you.

After 180 days, PayPal will email about withdrawing with directions.

A heads up that if PayPal determines that you had violated Acceptable Use Policies and subject your account to liquidated damages, you may not receive the funds in your PayPal balance back.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kellyj67
No this was not a payment to or from anyone this was money I transferred from my checking account to my PayPal account and they closed my account and will not let me transfer my money back.
Login to Me Too

kellyj67
I transferred money from my checking account to my PayPal account now they closed my account haven't gave me a reason and not letting me have my money
Login to Me Too

kellyj67
There is no one to dispute with me this was money I transferred from my personal bank account to my PayPal account how can they keep my money
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.