Paypal don't allow buyer to return item to seller. Both Buyer and Seller is angry.

Happyofhappy
Contributor
Contributor

My case is unique (PP-D-119460868) and need advice:

1) Auction house issued a collectible with the wrong serial number to Seller. (Serial number indicate ownership). 

2) Seller thought that he received the the collectible with the right serial number (which belongs to seller) and proceed to sell to a new Buyer (me).

3) Auction house realised that they have made a mistake and requested Seller to return the collectible. This is because the serial number indicates that the collectible belongs to another owner and not the seller.

4) Buyer (me) received the collectible. Collectible resemble the description of the listing but only wrong serial number.

5) Seller contacted buyer (me) and requested the buyer (me) to return. 

6) Buyer (me) agreed to return the item and open resolution as not as described. Police report is lodged by buyer (me) to verify buyer's claim.

7) Resolution centre decided the case "in favour" of Seller and do not allow buyer to return the item to Seller. This is because item looks exactly the same as the listing. The listing does not show serial number.

Right now the Seller is furious that i don't return the item. Buyer wish to return but Resolution centre don't allow buyer to return. The original owner of the collectible have lodged a police report on the lost collectible. What should buyer do ? Should buyer resell the item to the Seller ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Happyofhappy
Contributor
Contributor
I have pasted many screenshots between the seller and me (buyer) in the resolution center. Super disappointed with the resolution centre for not going through the screenshots. If they have gone through the screenshots, they would have know that the seller wanted the buyer to return the item. The resolution centre even instructed buyer to lodge a police report. I (buyer) am not even sure why the resolution centre instructed the buyer to lodge a police report when the resolution centre have already decided to prevent the buyer for returning the item to seller. The resolution centre decision totally made both seller and buyer unhappy.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.