PayPal helped issuewire.com scammers and fraudsters

JameyJms
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I think PayPal have made a mistake and by this mistake they also helped the scammer 2 times because there are 2 transactions.

I have paid for my article to be published on CBS, Fox News, CW, Marketwatch, NBC like it says here for "Tier 2 PRO" package https://www.issuewire.com/signup/pricingdetails but it was not, it was published on other websites, so I paid for something but got something else in return. It's like you pay for a Volvo car but you get an Audi.

Why did PayPal make this case in favor of the scammers? Now they are accomplice to fraud (wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.)  and I am thinking to report this to the police after I hear their feedback.

This is PayPal's decision: "We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). This decision was made because if an item is materially similar to the seller's description, we do not consider it to be significantly not as described." - it is VERY significantly NOT AS DESCRIBED ... it is like you pay for a Volvo car but you get an AUDI... 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JameyJms 

If you bought a car that was significantly not as described then you would buy a car and get a bike.

Getting an Audi instead of a Volvo may well not be covered as you paid for a car and received a car. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JameyJms
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

"Getting an Audi instead of a Volvo may well not be covered as you paid for a car and received a car. " - so you mean that yourself when you buy a car and you get instead of a Volvo you get an Audi, that is ok for you and you accept? Or you try to say that PayPal rules are strange?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JameyJms 

Well as there is no paypal buyer protection for motor vehicles your example isn't really appropriate.

However yes you get the gist, item has to be 'significantly' other than as described so buying a service and getting a service but one you are not happy with may well not be covered.

That does not stop you seeking legal redress against the company yourself via a small claims court or similar in your country?

Paypal provides 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection so it can't be a 100% guarantee to both parties of a result in their favour.

Paypal is the middleman and so has to make judgement calls.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JameyJms
Contributor
Contributor

So for example if you pay with PayPal for your news article to appear in Fox News but you see it was published on Fob News instead and has nothing to do with what you paid for, which in this case is fraud -  wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain, is that accepted by PayPal as a LEGAL buy and sell operation?

Then I should start selling and accepting payments using PayPal, tricking and fooling people into buying something but getting something else in return but similar like you say. Do you agree I should do this? Maybe you do it yourself also?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JameyJms 

If I lost a dispute for the same reason I would accept it and then take legal action in the small claims court against the company (if it mattered that much to me). 

However I really don't care, I tried to explain how buyer protection works, if you don't like it (or understand what others clearly do understand) then bad luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.