My account here has been temporary limited for no real reason (ShopKick related)

Loghorn
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know how this keeps happening, but every time that I try to add money through my PayPal account from using credit redemption through ShopKick by using ShopKick points, I keep getting hit with this nonsense:

"Your account access is temporarily limited"

"We noticed some unusual account activity recently and we're concerned about unauthorized access to your PayPal account. For your protection, access to certain account features will be limited.

We need you to take action on your account. Some features in your account will be limited until you perform certain tasks on your account. You will be able to regain access to these features once you've completed these.

If you're unable to submit the required information by ********** or if we notice additional changes in your account activity, your access will be further limited."

And this isn't the first time that this has happened, as this has happened to me before! This is ridiculous, & it shouldn't be happening!

There has been no one who has hacked into my account, or anything of the sort. And I always have two-step notification on through Authy. I wish that ShopKick would offer other options besides PayPal for this, such as by sending money to my credit union.

Has this happened to anyone else? I want to contact PayPal through E-mail so that I can straighten this mess out.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Loghorn 

Click Message Us or Call Us option at the bottom:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

acupvcoffee
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue with the Zettle credit card reader. I have used PayPal for years and never have I experienced this. No one can tell me why. Even the supervisor gave me the same generic answer," it's under review" It's been under review for almost 2 weeks. 

They will not release my money until this is taken care of and no one is taking care of it. 

Login to Me Too

rugman85
New Community Member

The same thing is happening to me. I have been using PayPal Here in my retail showroom since 2015. I switched to Zettle 2 weeks ago. After using Zettle for a few days my account has been limited. Had to provide documentation about certain transactions and my account is "Under Review". PayPal states that it will be resolved within 5 business days but it has been a week now with no updates.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.