Money withdrawn to bank account without knowledge

S4nder
Contributor
Contributor

Just logged in to my PayPal account to find that my complete ballance has been wihdrawn to my bank account. I do not remember doing this and I did not receive the usual email about fund being withdrawn like I usually do.
Have I been hacked? It seems that it was actually withdrawn to my own account but as it takes a couple of days it isn't there yet. Can they make it look like it was withdrawn to my own account? Already flagged the withdrawl and chnged my security stuff, but PayPal is out of business hours over here so would appreciate any help.

Thank you,
Sander

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

anchilla

Oh! Apparently there's a system error on Paypal Japan that cause this problem. 
I'm so sorry, the article is in Japanese only: 
https://androplus.org/entry/paypal-bug-202111/

I checked twitter and apparently most Japanese users are having the same problem. 
The article said it probably takes 1-2 weeks to cancel the transfer process. If the money is unfortunately already received in the bank account, it will be transferred as it is and cannot be returned to Paypal. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

RikkTheGaijin
Contributor
Contributor

The same exact thing happened to me, I'm freaking out, tomorrow morning I'll go to my bank and check if the money are actually there, but why did this happened??

Login to Me Too

anchilla

This happened to me too. 
The money was transferred to my bank account, but I never made the request. 
Also, I set a notification for bank transfer, but for that particular transaction, I did not receive any notification. 

I reset all my security already.. Hopefully they'll address this matter soon

Login to Me Too

S4nder
Contributor
Contributor

Judging by your name, I assume you are in Japan as well? Wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Login to Me Too

RikkTheGaijin
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I'm in Japan. This might narrow down the issue... I also cannot verify my bank account, as it doesn't update immediately.

Login to Me Too
Solved

anchilla

Oh! Apparently there's a system error on Paypal Japan that cause this problem. 
I'm so sorry, the article is in Japanese only: 
https://androplus.org/entry/paypal-bug-202111/

I checked twitter and apparently most Japanese users are having the same problem. 
The article said it probably takes 1-2 weeks to cancel the transfer process. If the money is unfortunately already received in the bank account, it will be transferred as it is and cannot be returned to Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

S4nder
Contributor
Contributor

@anchilla 

Thank you so much for sharing this, my Japanese is very limited so I would have never been able to find this out myself.
It seems likely that this is what has happened and I am very relieved to see I am not the only one who this has happened to.

Will check my bank account tomorrow as well!

Login to Me Too

RikkTheGaijin
Contributor
Contributor

So its a system error? Are they gonna undo the withdraw, or do we have to do it manually?
This is unacceptable.

Login to Me Too

RikkTheGaijin
Contributor
Contributor

The article says it affects the Premier Business accounts, but I have a regular savings account, so its not just that.

Login to Me Too

RikkTheGaijin
Contributor
Contributor

Also, what about the money I've lost in the exchange from other currencies, and the fees for the transfer??? I expect PayPal to refund every penny.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.