Limited account

Deebaby76
New Community Member

I have a new account that is limited due to another account that was set up in 2018 the email on that one I am not able to access due to losing my cell phone and the password I just talked to customer service and they're telling me I'm having negative balance on one of mine I called this number and they are telling me they can't find it and then the other email which I don't use they said it was sold the collection which is crazy because the one she told me to email was only like 51 cents so the number he gave me says that I owe $600 which I would never do it on PayPal and I really need some help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Deebaby76 

Best seek legal advice on this one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Deebaby76

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues with an unrecognized negative balance. I would recommend reaching back out to our Customer Support teams for further assistance if this is not your debt. Our support teams can submit this kind of issue to the proper teams to investigate further. If they find the debt is not yours, PayPal will no longer contact you regarding that debt. If they find the debt is linked to activity you made through PayPal in the past, you would need to resolve the negative balance first before continuing to use PayPal's services.

Best wishes, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.