Item and money lost after company gone into liquidation

Liamcat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I placed an order with a company for an item of clothing valued at £100, I ended up returning the item to the company. I heard nothing for a month despite chasing it up, then this week I received notification via post that the company has gone into liquidation. 

I have not been refunded for the item I returned, and I also no longer am in possession of the item. Is there anything PayPal can do to help me?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Liamcat 

As long as you sent the item back to the company with tracking and tracking shows delivery of the item to the seller then you could ''try'' an item received but not as described dispute.

As the item presumably was not mis-described then that may not work but worth a shot. However once escalated to a claim if and only if paypal find in your favour then they would request that you returned said item back to the seller and provide them with a tracking number to prove that.

If that does not work and you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then you could reach out to your card company and see if they will assist you? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.