Improve support for victims of abuse.

Rentals
Contributor
Contributor

I've explained this countless times before to PayPal's staff but none of them seem to take notice of it; I am the victim of financial abuse and while I was attempting to dispute the purchases made against me, my abuser forced me to cancel the disputes or they would make my living situation far worse with them.

I've been told time and again to call up but I can't, why? Because how am I supposed to speak to PayPal about how I cannot afford to pay these whilst my abuser is frequently at home with me when I am and the best way for me to communicate is via email but that cannot be accommodated for some unknown reason. Furthermore despite the fact I cannot afford to pay it at any point in the coming months as I have many other debts that need to be dealt with outside of PayPal and since this company is the most demanding and require full repayment ASAP, it has only assisted in the degradation of my mental health recently.

The whole customer support system needs an entire overhaul and there needs to be more support for abuse victims, as they currently are providing help to abusers instead of the abused.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rentals 

Sorry but if you close a dispute there is nothing paypal can do for you.

Maybe you should be contacting organisations or places where you can get help to get away and then sort everything else out after that?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.