How do I pay the fee for receiving money?
I am trying to receive some money from a friend in another country.
Their transaction is pending and it says that "receiver needs to pay (the amount of money) before funds can be deposited".
My question is do I need to pay the fee amount to my friend or somewhere else so I can receive the money?
Thank you in advance
Fraud & Phishing
You never pay any upfront fee as a seller or recipient.
Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade/or any other reason to 'accept' a payment.
You would certainly never have to send funds via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.
Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.
No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity.
Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Online outlet not responding to my request to return. Do I have any grounds to open a dispute? in Security and Fraud Archives
- I cant get my money because my account is lemetid in Security and Fraud Archives
- Unfortunate Outcome: Case Settled in Favor of Scammer/Buyer - Seeking Support and Advice in Security and Fraud Archives
- My digital products business received an email from paypal saying it's a pyramid scheme! in Security and Fraud Archives
- Can someone hack your account from just your username? in Security and Fraud Archives